Power Folding Mirrors for Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The door modules are not going to help because it appears you have none of the wiring necessary. There was a guy a few years ago before we were able to add the codes to make them work who actually wired the mirror blinkers to his headlight blinkers and his puddle lights to his interior lights. I'm pretty sure it all worked OK for him but it's definitely a pretty big undertaking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This /\ /\ will be my setup as well.. i have all LED external so will tap into those lines.. save the $$ on more parts and dealer costs.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

stihlyourface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I got around to putting the mirrors in yesterday but I can't figure out which pin is ground and which needs 12v for the running lights and puddle lights.
Does anyone have a pinout for the mirror connector?

Jeff Krawczyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a question...I recently installed tow mirrors NOT power fold and then turned on the tilt when in reverse with the alpha obd, the option is on the radio but when I select it it doesnt stay on, i did read that only certain mirrors have that option, do you think if I buy a set of oem power fold mirrors they will have that option....or would i have to find a used set that came off a laramie

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a question...I recently installed tow mirrors NOT power fold and then turned on the tilt when in reverse with the alpha obd, the option is on the radio but when I select it it doesnt stay on, i did read that only certain mirrors have that option, do you think if I buy a set of oem power fold mirrors they will have that option....or would i have to find a used set that came off a laramie
Yes you will need to install mirrors that are memory capable in order for the tilt in reverse to work. . They are usually on Laramie and higher trim levels. You can tell if a mirror has the memory option if it has the white mirror connector and has more than four wires in it.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I have a set of regular power fold mirrors for sale now (black textured). They are power fold, puddle, turn signal, and heated but do not adjust down in reverse. Not sure what option you need for that but the power fold will not do it.

Jeff Krawczyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you will need to install mirrors that are memory capable in order for the tilt in reverse to work. . They are usually on Laramie and higher trim levels. You can tell if a mirror has the memory option if it has the white mirror connector and has more than four wires in it.

Thanks for the info I will have him send me a pic of connector to look at

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Here are the connectors on mine >

IMG_4995.png
IMG_4989.png