Power Folding Tow Mirrors on 2019 Limited.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gcmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram Limited. I just completed replacing my non-power folding mirrors with power folding mirrors. Thanks to Benny from All Mopar Parts for the correct part numbers for what I Needed. I used the PC version of Alfaobd with the USB cable and the security gateway cable from BOD Electronics. After a bit of YouTube research on how to find what I needed to change on the OBD software, they now fold. About $1300 in all.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I thought the power folding mirrors were standard on the Limiteds.

At any rate, glad you got it all working.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Those are power folding TOW mirrors? what was the correct part number, please.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought the power folding mirrors were standard on the Limiteds.

At any rate, glad you got it all working.

On 1500s any ram with tow mirrors regardless of trim didn't have power fold until the 2021 model year. This was also the year that they upgraded the tow mirrors to also accommodate the 360 view camera which would also wouldn't have been available on 1500s with tow mirrors prior to 2021.

I say 1500 specifically because the heavy dutys with tow mirrors had these features years earlier, not sure why it took so long to get to the 1500s but there were a lot of pissed off owners of 2019/20s that didn't realize they lost those functions with the tow mirrors.

OP
OP
G

Gcmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would give Benny at All Mopar Parts your vin number to get the proper part numbers needed. I purchased 2021 tow mirrors and also left and right modules and driver door switch module.

OP
OP
G

Gcmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, I thought the Limited would have power folding mirrors like my 2015 Laramie. When I pulled up to my first car wash and saw no switch where there should be a switch, i could not believe it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea, I thought the Limited would have power folding mirrors like my 2015 Laramie. When I pulled up to my first car wash and saw no switch where there should be a switch, i could not believe it.
A lot of people who bought trucks with packages which included surround view cameras were upset when they got their truck and it didn't have it. Not sure why they ever offered those mirrors, but I'm glad they eventually realized they pi$$ed off a lot of customers and corrected that for 2021.