Power running boards on a '23 Rebel G/T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ViperRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Rebel G/T Night Edition
Engine
Hemi. 5.7 eTorque
Looks like RAM has a dealer installed option that will work, but does anyone know for sure?

REBEL12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
I have the 2019 rebel. I had the dealer install the power running boards. I can deploy them from the radio when going through the car wash so they get clean. and I deploy them in parking lots to keep cars away from giving me door dents

venkatesh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@ViperRich I saw on another thread you got the dealer installed power running boards. Were you able to locate a control on your touchscreen to control the boards?

OP
OP
ViperRich

ViperRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Rebel G/T Night Edition
Engine
Hemi. 5.7 eTorque
Hi, I did not locate a way to control them from inside. Would be nice to deploy them for cleaning though.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I did not locate a way to control them from inside. Would be nice to deploy them for cleaning though.
You might need to trigger the uConnect to reboot. I didn't have the ability to disable my autodim mirror for about 18 months, until AutoZone glitched out my truck during a battery change, because they kept dropping the wires onto the terminals, and removing them, so I forced the uConnect to actually reboot. (I think it was mute/tune held for ~30s), and after a few days of uConnect being weird about options, it settled on everything I should have, including the previously unlisted autodim mirror disable.

Stealership upgraded the mirror as part of a "recall", where Ram apparently forgot to install the upgraded mirrors in some midlevel trucks. And they flashed the BCM, but never told uConnect to rescan.

Now I need to get uConnect to rescan again, but on 39.5, it doesn't want to reset with the mute/tune, or the "top right corner".