Power running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skid212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just purchase2022 Laramie Night Edition and I’d like to replace the fixed running boards with oem power boards that I found on the Mopar parts catalog. I’ve asked 2 dealerships in the Cincinnati area and they don’t know if I’ll be able to manually control them through the Uconnect screen. They seem to think a switch would have to be installed. Does this sound correct? I thought I had read they should install the code when installing the boards And then it could be accessed on the Uconnect screen. Need help determining before I fork out the money. Also, if anyone near the Cincinnati area that knows of an installer, I’d appreciate it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're correct, unless something was changed for '22 models. You'll need the dealership to add the sales code after installation and you'll have control of them through the uconnect screen. Other people have done this on earlier model 5th gen 1500's. It seems like I've read that you can do it yourself using AlphaOBD, but I can't be sure since I have no experience with AlphaOBD. But it would be worth checking into.

OP
OP
S

Skid212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did contact Mopar this morning and they did confirm this will work. The dealership will need to install the code, which will allow it to appear on the Uconnect screen.

I'll be ordering them tomorrow and let you all know how it all turns out.

danediz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Where did you order from. I want to do the same thing as you did. I had 2 dealers they don't even make them for the 2500, but this is clearly false.

OP
OP
S

Skid212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked them up on Mopar.com then went to the dealership and gave them the part numbers. They looked them up to confirm they were correct and ordered them. Also, there was a 15% off coupon on the Mopar site. I think I got them for around $1450.

danediz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I looked them up on Mopar.com then went to the dealership and gave them the part numbers. They looked them up to confirm they were correct and ordered them. Also, there was a 15% off coupon on the Mopar site. I think I got them for around $1450.
Awesome. Did the install turn out ok?

Can you also drop the part numbers if you don't mind? I have the 2022 Laramie as well Crew Cab

OP
OP
S

Skid212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Turned out great! They work perfect. Just make sure they program the Uconnect, so the Board App appears in your vehicle settings. This will allow you to open and close them from Uconnect. This is step #1 in the instructions.

Part number is: 82215287AG

Hope it turns out for you!

danediz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I think I just realized you have a 1500. I have a 2500. They claim the running boards arent made for the 2500 but I have seen several new Ram 2500s come with them from the factory. In fact, u can add them on ramtrucks.com when building.

Unless the 1500s boards also work on the 2500s…

OP
OP
S

Skid212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you've seen them from the factory, then YES you can buy them from Mopar. The dealership should be able to order them for you. Just don't forget to get the 15% off accessories coupon.

OP
OP
S

Skid212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go to Mopar.com and search for 2500 power running boards. You'll find them there. It'll give you the part number.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I think I just realized you have a 1500. I have a 2500. They claim the running boards arent made for the 2500 but I have seen several new Ram 2500s come with them from the factory. In fact, u can add them on ramtrucks.com when building.

Unless the 1500s boards also work on the 2500s…
It's not likely the 5th gen 1500 boards will work on HD's. HD's are still using 4th gen sheet metal. The mounting systems are different between 4th gens and 5th gens. They do make a version for HD's.

Last edited:

dvcamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Turned out great! They work perfect. Just make sure they program the Uconnect, so the Board App appears in your vehicle settings. This will allow you to open and close them from Uconnect. This is step #1 in the instructions.

Part number is: 82215287AG

Hope it turns out for you!
Hey Skid212, I am also in Cincy and looking to order some and have them installed. What stealership did you use to buy them and did they also install them for you? Courious about total "out the door" price for the install. I can do them myself, but would have to have my Uconnect reprogrammed and I know they would probably stick it to me for that. Bought my Ram at Colerain...