POWER SEAT WONT GO BACKWARDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrome-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Hello I have a 2002 Ram 1500. My fiance whom is 5'0 moved my seat all the way forward as far as it would go and drove it for the day. Well when I got in to move the seat back, all my seat did was click and then motor jolts and clicks. I replaced the 8 way switch and it did not fix my problem I didnt think it would but I was hoping it would. So is my next step to buy a motor or is it the arms going to the motor?

So when I click the seat to go forward or backward the the motor clicks and jolts in both directions but doesn't move. it does have a small jolt in both directions. I dont know if my motor is weak and needs replaced or if its something else. I never had a problem with it before. no intermittent problems at all. it worked fine until it was moved as far forward as it could go now it seems to be stuck. I also checked the tracks for any obstruction and didn't find anything. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

OP
OP
C

Chrome-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
WOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM THIS **** FORUM. THANKS FOR NOTHIN GUYS! MIGHT ACTUALLY GET SOME REPLIES TO THIS :boobs::boobs::chair:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the first time I’ve ever seen your thread, and I check the the unread topics fairly regularly. This is a busy forum so it’s real easily for new threads to get overlooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro