Power Sidestep Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhumbliner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Gen 3
I’ve had my 2021 1500 Limited for a few months, now and it seems I keep banging my shins on the power sidestep when it deploys. Placing it in Store mode isn’t an option since my wife can’t climb into the cab without it. So my solution was to crawl underneath and disconnect the electrical connection to the driver-side sidestep. This accomplishes exactly what I want but the problem I now have is the alert/warning I receive. It alerts me to a Power Sidestep problem not just when I start the engine, but everytime I start moving from a stopped position. This is really annoying and I’m afraid I’ll mentally begin to ignore all warnings. I doubt there is a software/configuration solution available from the console so I’m wondering if anyone has an idea as to how I can maybe fool the system into thinking everything is working fine. Maybe by connecting 2 ports on the connector and thus closing the sensor circuit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 433DBE5E-A419-432F-9507-33EE4B2F52E5.jpeg
    433DBE5E-A419-432F-9507-33EE4B2F52E5.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 2

TITOPOLLITO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He-Mi
I am no elecchicken but this has worked for some errors on other vehicles (YMMV). Figure out what the load on the the system through the motor is and what wires "sense" it and get a small resistor that is equivalent to that.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Or you could always get used to waiting the .5 seconds it takes for the steps to deploy before stepping closer to the truck. Seems like I already responded to this issue LOL