Power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsully

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody have any issues with the power steering going out now and then for a few seconds, display says power steering unavailable service soon, brought it in to have checked out, dealer found nothing, These rams have a electric motor for power steering instead of the typical hydraulic

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think the last guy that posted about his power steering going out randomly, he ended up needing a new rack assembly.

_TopGear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Were actually putting in the new rack tomorrow believe it or not

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Anybody have any issues with the power steering going out now and then for a few seconds, display says power steering unavailable service soon, brought it in to have checked out, dealer found nothing, These rams have a electric motor for power steering instead of the typical hydraulic

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this, @tsully. If you would be interested in following up with us via private message to provide additional details regarding your dealer visit, I would be more than happy to learn more to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares

rflagg42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had my 2021 2500 less than a week and I've lost power steering twice.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I've had my 2021 2500 less than a week and I've lost power steering twice.
FYI your 2500 uses a conventional hydraulic power steering unlike the OP's 1500 which is electric.