Power steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, they are AMP and it does seem they are used by many manufacturers. I’m 160lbs and they work for me, but I have friends who are double that and they flex significantly for them. Even without the flex, the wavy sheet metal with no grip is pretty weak. It wouldn’t take much to add some grip and a little bit of sturdiness. Compared to the overall finish and polish on the rest of the 19 Limited, they are severely out of place.

I'm a svelte 200 and change and don't have any issues with them. This is the first truck I've owned with retractable steps, and to be honest I've used them as a step more in the month I've owned the 2019 than I ever did the tubular ones on my 2011.

When I first saw them I was also worried about traction, but I haven't found that to be an issue at all.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I’m just comparing them unfairly to fixed steps, but they are the factory model with embossed RAM logos on them (both front and rear ends of the step). They are part of the Limited package. Good to hear they’ll support 600lbs.

If they have Ram embossed on them then they are not AMP steps

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition. Because the factory pwoered running boards are known good - third party would be unknown territory.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got them and there not flimsy. There well made, clean and operate smoothly. Dealer stated there rated at 600 lb. You must of got a aftermarket replacement. Maybe the detailer out of Mopar steps. Does yours have RAM embedded on top towards front

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Are the three popular power options and key details?
Mopar - Need to program, plug and play wiring, controlled through radio, 2 year warranty at dealership
AMP - Utilizes ODB2 port, 5 year/60,000-mile warranty by mail to US (shipping is paid)
RBP - Dual motors, uses magnetic contact for doors, switch to disable or manually actuate, 3 or 5 year warranty by mail to US