Power Train Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RebelHawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
'22 Hemi 5.7 eTourge
I just bought my '22 RAM 1500 eTourge 2 weeks ago and was on my way back from a 1200 mile round trip drive and ran into an issue. While merging onto the interstate under heavy acceleration my check engine light came on along with what looked like traction control light and my engine cut off. I coasted to side of the road turned the engine off and let it sit for a couple of minutes and started it back up. The check engine light stayed on but otherwise everything seemed to run smoothly. I took it easy the remaining 500 or so miles home and when I got in I was checking my email and saw something from my RAM notifying me of a Power Train warning. I called my local dealer and can't get in for another week but was told "that as long as the light isn't flashing I should be fine". Since the weather is going to be nice for the next week I'll likely stick to my bike for any around town needs so doubt I'll need to drive anywhere.

Any thoughts or speculation on what might have occurred? I'll be sure to follow up to this post once I get into the shop with it and see what the techs say.

OP
OP
RebelHawk

RebelHawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
'22 Hemi 5.7 eTourge
To bring my thread to a close, the issue was the power control module for the transmission which had apparently failed. The Master Technician that I spoke with was very shocked to have seen this failure in a brand new truck. This was of course covered under warranty so I walked out with no cost out of pocket other than a bit of my time.