Power Wagon 18’ or 19’!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Like I posted before, it comes to price and MPGs in most cases when deciding what truck to buy. You and I want deferent capabilities then those in a 1/4 ton ( wouldn’t call it a 1/2 ton)

I own three pickup trucks for different purposes...

A 1978 1/2 ton mini truck with a high mileaged 80HP engine and a 4.56 to 1 gear ratio. It's a bit smaller than our 2009 Honda Civic and much, much smaller than a 2018 Tacoma. Use that to work on my acreage clearing trees and brush. It is easy to load up and unload from the side of the bed. Gets into tight locations being only 5 feet wide at the widest points of the bumpers. I no longer drive it on the road since 2004 due to it's way too slow in today's acceleration performance standards. Runs excellent though. Purchased it in 1980. 300,000 of my mileage on it.

A 1998 Chevrolet K1500 Extended Cab with a 5 speed manual transmission. At 16.8 MPG it gets 3 to 4 more MPG than my 2016 PW 2500. Use the K1500 for most of my solo personal trips. My beater truck. Purchased it in 2004. Drove it 300,000 miles of my own to date.

My Power Wagon is for hauling, towing, offroad driving, and winter usage.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Wow, how the hell do you even function in regular day to day functions, when you can't even decide for YOURSELF what type of truck to buy.....completely boggles my mind
This is a 10-15 thousand dollar decision. I think this is the best place to ask. It appears you don’t have a 6.4 much less a Power Wagon, so judging by your post you don’t have any thing to offer? Possible that you spent 60k on a truck recently?
I went to this site and to others before I dropped 60k.
Read the post. I believe he got some helpful advice.
We all do/should research before we buy a phone, computer, tv and yes vehicles. The OP is doing research and he manage to get 90 post and only one was negative.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I own three pickup trucks for different purposes...

A 1978 1/2 ton mini truck with a high mileaged 80HP engine and a 4.56 to 1 gear ratio. It's a bit smaller than our 2009 Honda Civic and much, much smaller than a 2018 Tacoma. Use that to work on my acreage clearing trees and brush. It is easy to load up and unload from the side of the bed. Gets into tight locations being only 5 feet wide at the widest points of the bumpers. I no longer drive it on the road since 2004 due to it's way too slow in today's acceleration performance standards. Runs excellent though. Purchased it in 1980. 300,000 of my mileage on it.

A 1998 Chevrolet K1500 Extended Cab with a 5 speed manual transmission. At 16.8 MPG it gets 3 to 4 more MPG than my 2016 PW 2500. Use the K1500 for most of my solo personal trips. My beater truck. Purchased it in 2004. Drove it 300,000 miles of my own to date.

My Power Wagon is for hauling, towing, offroad driving, and winter usage.
Sounds like you got the set up. Perhaps I could pass by on my way to Moab next spring and have a cup of coffee with you?
Also you have offered the OP a lot of advice. I switched from Ford to this 19 PW so I can only share my research and the 5,200 miles of experience in my PW I put on it since July.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Sounds like you got the set up. Perhaps I could pass by on my way to Moab next spring and have a cup of coffee with you?
Also you have offered the OP a lot of advice. I switched from Ford to this 19 PW so I can only share my research and the 5,200 miles of experience in my PW I put on it since July.
Blink Coffee Company on the way to the Grand Mesa is where the skiers, mountain bikers, and campers go to around here. I hope that you enjoy Moab with your PW. Too busy of a town now for my wife and I.

OP
OP
C

Chris76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious on why you're leaving the Tacoma.
I'm thinking the opposite change. Get rid of my '17 Ram 1500 and get a smaller more nimble Tacoma TRD Off-Road.
That’s exactly what i have! A 2019 TRD Off Road!! And it’s a great truck!! But it is a bit small for my needs. I need more space!! 90% of the time it’s absolutely perfect!! But that 10% when i load up w gear it’s a bit small.. or maybe I’m just getting fatter and less nimble myself.

OP
OP
C

Chris76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, how the hell do you even function in regular day to day functions, when you can't even decide for YOURSELF what type of truck to buy.....completely boggles my mind
Wow!! A real gem aren’t ya!!?? You must be great at parties!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey look. **** fer brains showed up :favorites37: Man we’ve missed your positive meaningful input

It has been quite a while since old slacadjuster has endowed us with his graceful wisdom.

This is a 10-15 thousand dollar decision. I think this is the best place to ask. It appears you don’t have a 6.4 much less a Power Wagon, so judging by your post you don’t have any thing to offer? Possible that you spent 60k on a truck recently?
I went to this site and to others before I dropped 60k.
Read the post. I believe he got some helpful advice.
We all do/should research before we buy a phone, computer, tv and yes vehicles. The OP is doing research and he manage to get 90 post and only one was negative.

If you really want to get him going just start talking about how much you love running boards on trucks...or mention how they are so much better than wooden side steps from the old days.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
It has been quite a while since old slacadjuster has endowed us with his graceful wisdom.

If you really want to get him going just start talking about how much you love running boards on trucks...or mention how they are so much better than wooden side steps from the old days.
Nah. I don’t want to start a beef with anyone. I don’t want to ruin this tread. One of the only threads I can offer my 2 cents on and be valid.
I hope to see a 19 to 20 thread soon but the 2020 might be just like the 19 so I might have to wait for a 19/20 comparison to a 2021.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nah. I don’t want to start a beef with anyone. I don’t want to ruin this tread. One of the only threads I can offer my 2 cents on and be valid.
I hope to see a 19 to 20 thread soon but the 2020 might be just like the 19 so I might have to wait for a 19/20 comparison to a 2021.

More than fair enough! I'm also hoping to see some differences in the 20 models, would love to see an actual power increase in the half ton hemi's. More than likely I will be looking to trade in again in another 2-3 years so I will be keeping an eye on things.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Jesus. He making the rounds. Best part he spends all his time repeating the same ole stuff. Not even original anymore. @slacadjuster is really slacking. Need to step up your trolling game buddy

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL, dude whatever meds you're on...CUT THE DOSE.

Haha classic @slacadjuster, it's just unfortunate that such an outstanding joke doesn't land when you are a 33 year old who doesn't take any medication at all. Maybe some Tylenol for a headache once every month or so, but that's it for me! So if you'd like me to cut my meds in half, tylenol every other month now, or just cut the dosage, which one do you think? I'm sure you'd love to share what meds you are on at this point so we can crunch some numbers to see if you're over doing it!

Either way, great to hear from you again, old pal!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jesus. He making the rounds. Best part he spends all his time repeating the same ole stuff. Not even original anymore. @slacadjuster is really slacking. Need to step up your trolling game buddy

One of these days he's going to hit us with a new one, and I bet it will be a DOOZY.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my 2018 PW in July, and couldn't be happier. My truck came from a batch of fleet vehicle Power Wagons in Canada, that 2 dealers, one 70 miles north of me and one 100 miles south of me bought. Each dealer had 3, and each had between 6200, and 7500 miles on them. A gray one and a white one I was looking at, sold immediately. So, it was red or blue, I chose blue. I read someplace, because they were from Canada, the warranty was no good. Total ********. My warranty is fine until August 2021, powertrain longer. My truck isn't the leather seat, Ram box, remote start, front camera optioned truck, but it is loaded otherwise. And it doesn't have those stupid looking 3 foot tow mirrors sticking off it, thank god. My window sticker is in French, which I find funny as hell, and cant read it, but basically the truck new was $56,000 American dollars, and I paid $45,000 for the truck with 7,400 miles on it. Traded in my 2014 Rocky Ridge 1500 and couldn't be happier.

Pulling up an older post as I was just looking at truck in the exact same situation. It was an 2018 with 8k miles with very few options, and was originally sold out of Quebec so the window sticker and owner's manual was in French. The Carfax showed some type of fleet use. I called FCA directly a couple of days ago with the VIN and they stated the factory warranty was NOT valid unless the truck was registered in Canada. The dealership came back and told me the same thing after I confronted them about it. Are you sure the factory warranty is still good? Have you actually used the warranty, or who verified it was still good?

Chap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Powerwagon
Engine
hemi 6.4
I brought the truck to a Dodge/Ram dealer where I always had my 2014 1500 serviced. They ran the vin # and whatever else through the computer. I had gotten an oil change, and the 3yr/36,000 warranty is good until August 2021. 5yr powertrain until 8/2023. It was a huge sigh of relief when they told me that because I heard the same **** from someone at work, that the warranty was no good.

Chap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Powerwagon
Engine
hemi 6.4
Maybe because where I live in upstate NY its not far from Quebec?? Idk. I live about 125 miles south of Montreal. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. But a guy I work with, bought a 2018 PW, just like mine, ,Gray, 6,200 miles, came from the same place in Canada, and his warranty is good. He actually got a better deal on his. Lol. He traded a 2013 2500 with low miles, I traded a 2014 Rocky Ridge with 46,000 miles.Those lifted trucks are nice, and look great, but you don't get **** on a trade in. They tell you they are a specialized vehicle, lifted, big tires, loud exhaust, I had a Flowmaster Outlaw on it, sounded great, but basically, the truck looked brand new, and I only got back $4000 on a trade, but whatever.

BeachWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my 2018 and love it. Every person is different. I have the blue color and it’s fully loaded. Whether I’m beachin over the sand or cruising highway, it’s all good! Like they say Power Wagon don’t care.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Got my 2018 and love it. Every person is different. I have the blue color and it’s fully loaded. Whether I’m beachin over the sand or cruising highway, it’s all good! Like they say Power Wagon don’t care.
Welcome to the club beachwagon!!
Pictures or it didn’t happen.