Power Wagon Front Bumper/Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well, that is good news and something I didn't realize. I wanted to put the Powerwagon grille on my truck, but I thought they changed the middle upper and lower section of the bumper.

Thanks for convincing me to look instead of keeping a confused thought in my head
Yup, it’s powder coated black, and the opening at the bottom is trimmed in bed liner to give it protection against the winch cable. I have one sitting under my deck if anyone wants it.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, it’s powder coated black, and the opening at the bottom is trimmed in bed liner to give it protection against the winch cable. I have one sitting under my deck if anyone wants it.
IR. Did you have to reposition the winch when you installed the AEV bumper / remove the stock cradle??

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
IR. Did you have to reposition the winch when you installed the AEV bumper / remove the stock cradle??
Yes. The winch gets flipped upside down (which is really putting it right side up) to put the manual spool lever back on top. You actually have to take the winch apart and modify it to get it to work in the bumper. Honestly other than the sheer weight of the bumper, that was the hardest part for me because I had trouble putting it back together.

here are the winch modification instructions from AEV (see page 22):

https://www.aev-conversions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/AEV30239AL-Ram-Front-Bumper.pdf

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Last edited:

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Ford Tremor (diesel is an option) has a Warn 12,000 lb winch option for an additional $3,000 later in 2020.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/01/20...12000-lbs-winch-the-good-and-the-pricey-news/

Oh, oh...Ford is catching up to the PW, but it's not quite there.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/21...-duty-tremor-ram-2500-power-wagon-comparison/
Seems like the Ford has good numbers on paper like towing and such. My issue is the interior and infotainment system. I like it’s really really hard to beat the ram. Even the way the 4th gen interior stacks up to the new ford. I think the ram beats it all day. Nice info though

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Seems like the Ford has good numbers on paper like towing and such. My issue is the interior and infotainment system. I like it’s really really hard to beat the ram. Even the way the 4th gen interior stacks up to the new ford. I think the ram beats it all day. Nice info though

The Ford is going to get better numbers in the Tremor because that Powerstroke is shorter than the Cummins by a LOT. If we could get diesel power in our PW's we'd be in a lot better shape.

I gotta say though, having looked at several new '19 Fords...I actually really like their interior, in many ways better than my '17. The biggest thing? They can get a center console from the factory, while we have to do some heavy mods to get one in ours. I really don't need 10 cupholders in my front seat but only 2 in the back.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Ford is going to get better numbers in the Tremor because that Powerstroke is shorter than the Cummins by a LOT. If we could get diesel power in our PW's we'd be in a lot better shape.

I gotta say though, having looked at several new '19 Fords...I actually really like their interior, in many ways better than my '17. The biggest thing? They can get a center console from the factory, while we have to do some heavy mods to get one in ours. I really don't need 10 cupholders in my front seat but only 2 in the back.

The powerstroke is shorter than the cummins? Whaaaaaaaat?

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The powerstroke is shorter than the cummins? Whaaaaaaaat?

Physically, yes. The Powerstroke is a V8, the Cummins is a straight 6. I don't know the exact dimensions.

Unless you're screwing with me, in which case :jnono:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Physically, yes. The Powerstroke is a V8, the Cummins is a straight 6. I don't know the exact dimensions.

Unless you're screwing with me, in which case :jnono:

I thought you were referring to the overall size of the truck... not the motor. Carry on.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
The Competition is normally a good thing. Keeps prices from going crazy. I paid 4K over msrp for my Raptor back in 2013 because supply was down and demand was up. Not the case anymore and Ford has to keep bringing something new to the table to stay on top in the Baja world. i believe the Rebel is on the Raptors heels now and keeping them honest with prices. Imo truck prices are spiraling out of control and we (I ) have come to accept paying 63k for a truck because that’s the cost of having this bad boy. But would gladly pay 55k for a 2021 PW. Pipe dream I know. But at least the Tremor will slow down the rising prices?!

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well all of us short commute people would never own a power wagon with a diesel but it would be nice to have the option. Yes ford did an nice job with the tremor package for sure. The biggest problem with maybe the exception of the tremor package os that you usually have to do so much to make a ford look good. I think dollar for dollar the ram is the best right out of the box.