Power Wagon Gen 5 mud flaps / splash guards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m not a fan of the look either. Or ripping them off rock crawling. But the fact is most of my off-pavement will be mud and gravel trails. It gets tiresome digging clay out of the door handles.

So the question I’m asking is has anyone fitted either the Mopar splash guards or the Weathertech -or any other brand for that matter- to a 2019 or later PW?

Part numbers:

Position, Mopar, WT
Front 82215928AB 110109
Rear 82215929AB 120109

I’m sort of gun shy, because I bought two OEM sets for a ZR2 that were alleged to fit, but didn’t because the ZR2 factory fender flare differs from the flare on on every other trim level of that truck. And since this is the first year of Gen 5, I’ve not found any threads on this yet.

If I’m the test pilot on this project, that’s OK. I’ll take a shot and post up the results later.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Look at aev ones. Cheaper than Mopar if you get them through diesel power products. You could email aev too

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Although the top portion of the flare has changed slightly, I think the rest of it is basically the same as the prior years. Fender openings are the same as well. So my guess is they should work just fine. However, maybe the fastening portion of it has changed slightly....

OP
OP
T

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar accessories shows different part numbers for 18 / 19, so I expect the fit is different.

I elected to go with genuine Mopar, as I've been satisfied with all my previous items from them. So these are the part numbers for a 2019+ HD with fender flares. Fit the PW perfectly.

Front 82215928AB
Rear 82215929AB

They're made of heavy EPDM rubber, quite flexible so they shouldn't take any damage from sliding down a rock shelf or boulder. You'd have to be reversing and trap them against a large obstacle to do any harm.

The mounting is really solid; uses 2 existing screws for the flare and adds 4 plastic rivets. So 6 fasteners on each flap, and it ties together with the flare, the little mini splash guard at the bottom, and the inner fender liner.

I may source some nylon or SS screws later to replace the rivets, just so if I wanted to remove them temporarily for some rock crawling I could easily remove / reinstall.

Miller Rowley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Travelin Ram: How are the Mopar mud guards working out for you? I am looking at getting the exact same set for my 2020 Power Wagon that I just picked up. Any chance you could post a few pictures of the mud guards on the truck and how the fasteners attach?

Miller Rowley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the pictures, trucks look great. Looks like there is some new hole drilling required on the fender flare and the wheel well liner where there is no factory fastener right?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Thanks for the pictures, trucks look great. Looks like there is some new hole drilling required on the fender flare and the wheel well liner where there is no factory fastener right?
Yes that is correct. It is 3 extra fasteners needed per unit it to secure it properly. You are only drilling into plastic.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone have pics or any impressions of the Husky mud flap?

RufNutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Anvil Monotone Power Wagon
Engine
Yes that is correct. It is 3 extra fasteners needed per unit it to secure it properly. You are only drilling into plastic.
are you sure you are only drilling into plastic for the front top new fastener on these mud flaps. My directions mention to have paint protection ready.

OpusRS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Pics but I have the Husky Mud Flaps, I bought the universal and cut them to fit in the front. The rear ones don't required any trimming. They are easy to cut with either a jig saw or sawzall.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
are you sure you are only drilling into plastic for the front top new fastener on these mud flaps. My directions mention to have paint protection ready.
If you are talking the oem rubber flaps, plastic only...put em a few weeks ago...world of difference

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Yeah I'm tempted to throw some on my PW as well. The brine they throw on the roads out here during a snow gets all over the sides of the truck. Looks horrible.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone have a set of Gatorback mud flaps on their Power Wagon? Looking to order some as I'll be towing a small trailer on occasion.

Thanks!

FlameThrower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
Hemi 6..4:L
I had the Rek Gen off-road mudflaps on the last truck and really liked them. They flex on obstacles and were high quality. You can choose length and width. They are probably more expensive than some of the others.

Dan l

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar accessories shows different part numbers for 18 / 19, so I expect the fit is different.

I elected to go with genuine Mopar, as I've been satisfied with all my previous items from them. So these are the part numbers for a 2019+ HD with fender flares. Fit the PW perfectly.

Front 82215928AB
Rear 82215929AB

They're made of heavy EPDM rubber, quite flexible so they shouldn't take any damage from sliding down a rock shelf or boulder. You'd have to be reversing and trap them against a large obstacle to do any harm.

The mounting is really solid; uses 2 existing screws for the flare and adds 4 plastic rivets. So 6 fasteners on each flap, and it ties together with the flare, the little mini splash guard at the bottom, and the inner fender liner.

I may source some nylon or SS screws later to replace the rivets, just so if I wanted to remove them temporarily for some rock crawling I could easily remove / reinstall.

I installed these today. The fit and finish is great.