Power wagon off road pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Some pics from last year soon be camping season again

Attachments

• 619BD3B9-85C7-4CD7-A8AC-D4E5749CB01E.jpeg
    619BD3B9-85C7-4CD7-A8AC-D4E5749CB01E.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 9B114E2B-1B02-46D4-82DF-52090CDE6099.jpeg
    9B114E2B-1B02-46D4-82DF-52090CDE6099.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 4458BC4D-93C4-4E4F-BFD7-B72AD81A2251.jpeg
    4458BC4D-93C4-4E4F-BFD7-B72AD81A2251.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 3750B427-947D-40FF-9634-15788C2F82C2.jpeg
    3750B427-947D-40FF-9634-15788C2F82C2.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 21

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone else notice the guy with the trailer has his mirrors down.

Then there’s the rest with them up.

His utility trailer likely only uses the 'Four Way Flat' connector, thus his automatic power extending / rotating rear view mirrors will have to be manually operated and moved to the vertical position if so desired.

If he were to either plug in the Seven Point trailer connector or manually depress the Tow/Haul Mode button found on the dash, then he would notice that the Trailer Brake Controller Adjustment and Miles Towing Counter display page on the dash would have been automatically displayed and that both exterior door power mirrors had rotated to the vertical 'upright' position for towing of large or abnormally tall objects. Note: The latter series of events would have only occurred, if the vehicle was equipped with such system and said mode was selected. This can be quickly and easily determined by simply referring to either the truck's Owner's Manual or the Manufacturers Original Window Sticker.

Another quick way to determine if one's truck is equipped with the above mentioned system is to simply select the Rear Window / Exterior Defrost option (found either via the stand alone manual push button located on the center console, or in the center stack display screen with the push touch feature). Again, the operation of this feature is clearly outlined and discussed within the Owners Manual for your specific vehicle, which by now you should be completely familiar with after conducting a full and thorough review as suggested elsewhere in the 'Power Wagon' sub section of this highly informational and occasionally wise-cracking Ram Forum board.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Yeah, my 4-place snowmobile trailer has the round 7-pin and I use tow/haul all the time but my mirrors never move...( thankfully)

FWIW -the automatic blind spot monitoring system that is self-adjusting for the length of the trailer you have hooked up is sheer genius IMO...

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
His utility trailer likely only uses the 'Four Way Flat' connector, thus his automatic power extending / rotating rear view mirrors will have to be manually operated and moved to the vertical position if so desired.

If he were to either plug in the Seven Point trailer connector or manually depress the Tow/Haul Mode button found on the dash, then he would notice that the Trailer Brake Controller Adjustment and Miles Towing Counter display page on the dash would have been automatically displayed and that both exterior door power mirrors had rotated to the vertical 'upright' position for towing of large or abnormally tall objects. Note: The latter series of events would have only occurred, if the vehicle was equipped with such system and said mode was selected. This can be quickly and easily determined by simply referring to either the truck's Owner's Manual or the Manufacturers Original Window Sticker.

Another quick way to determine if one's truck is equipped with the above mentioned system is to simply select the Rear Window / Exterior Defrost option (found either via the stand alone manual push button located on the center console, or in the center stack display screen with the push touch feature). Again, the operation of this feature is clearly outlined and discussed within the Owners Manual for your specific vehicle, which by now you should be completely familiar with after conducting a full and thorough review as suggested elsewhere in the 'Power Wagon' sub section of this highly informational and occasionally wise-cracking Ram Forum board.
Attention: The above highlighted post is nothing more than a long winded joke aimed at 2020PW for suggesting that I "Read the Owners Manual" in another recently active thread here in the PW Sub-Section. Previously, people have made a 'big deal' out of other Forum Members and demean them for operating their vehicle with the rear view mirrors in the 'upright / towing' position, while in fact, not towing a trailer. This seems like a completely absurd topic to even discuss. Some people prefer to leave the mirrors up. Some people would rather have them down. This, regardless if they are currently towing or not.

It is absolutely mind blowing to me that anyone would make such a big deal out of such a operating preference. Personally, I think it is a reflection of those making such comments and that they have absolutely nothing better to do. But, as is the same with mirror position preference, I say 'to each their own' as I could really care less about such a trivial matter.