Power wagon off road pics

bigdodge

Reaction score
You won’t run into problems flexing, but if the whole rear axle is allowed to droop (jumping or almost jumping the truck), the drive shaft will contact the last bolt-in crossmember that all the skid bars are attached too. If you want to get wild with it, you’ll have to have the crossmember modified. Non-PW 2500s don’t have that crossmember, no problems for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad u mentioned that. I forgot to check that out. I have access to a lot of good tradesmen where I work. I might ask if they could mod it a bit for me. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
True... lots envision Phoenix or Tuscon. But, there is a nice variety up around Prescott, Flagstaff and the Kaibab Forest as well making for cool summer running and fun Winter wheeling too.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
lived in flag for a few short years, loved it. Do you guys get into sedona for the trails down there?

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Almost Three and and a Half Years later...

Sorry, no I haven't been down there. Seemed all 'locked down' in Northern Arizona south of Flagstaff. Went over to the Prescott area and was sorely disappointed at all the off road trail restrictions. Reminded me of damned CA.

If you are still around, let me know. If you have some spot(s) that are worth the Three hour drive down, I will be down there in a heart beat!

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You won’t run into problems flexing, but if the whole rear axle is allowed to droop (jumping or almost jumping the truck), the drive shaft will contact the last bolt-in crossmember that all the skid bars are attached too. If you want to get wild with it, you’ll have to have the crossmember modified. Non-PW 2500s don’t have that crossmember, no problems for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Question;

Does this Driveshaft to Skidplate support tube only occur with lifted PW's ???

I've buffed my rear driveshaft a couple of times on my previous year PW's, but I bent the snot out of the one on my current 2018 model (stock suspension). I am 99.9% sure it was the obstacle I hit while climbing, but would rather not go through that whole experience again.

*Think I will start a "Driveshaft Damage" thread here shortly and see what (if any) responses I get.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And a wheel-travel video. Perhaps a bit boring, but I am more of a Rock Crawler, and it is no TRX. Not bad for a stock suspended truck though, IMHO!

I really wanted to hear my cobbled together one-off custom exhaust (probably should have put the camera / mic somewhere rather than the furthest point away from the exhaust exist then, eh???) so it
was manually locked into a lower gear to hold the RPM's in case you notice a lack of upshifting.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just revived my old "Bent, Broke, Stuck" Thread over in the Photo section.

Might as well post this on here as well.

You must be registered for see images attach