Power Wagon Pro Charger 19+ model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
So I’m placing my order for the new pro charger once my shop is finished being built so I will have a place to install.

I am at 25,000 miles. Should I wait until the 35,000 (warranty will run out) mile mark before I put the procharger on?

Here is a link -

https://www.procharger.com/truck-superchargers/chrysler/ram/2017-14-ram-25003500-hemi-64

https://www.procharger.com/blog/supercharger-kits-2021-ram-1500-and-2500-procharger-57l-and-64l

The way gas prices are going I fill up twice a week, used to be 1.73 now it’s right at 3 dollars... crazy how as soon as the new administration came in my gas bill went out the roof and everything appears to be getting more expensive.. rant over..

I have read that the pro charger will improve gas Milage as long as you don’t have a led foot.. but let’s be honest I’m not getting it for gas Milage..

still loving the power wagon, wouldn’t get rid of it now for anything. Daily driving beast mode.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your engine and drivetrain warranty is 60,000. Only you can decide how important the warranty is to you.

bpgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your gas mileage claim is on point: your new lead foot will negate any possible gains in mpg this kit may have produced, and I would question if the kit even improves it as a lot is based on the tune. I know as I installed the previous gen kit in my truck (2015- 66rfe).

I recently uninstalled it since i planned on adding forged pistons and a slightly built transmission for more reliability. But, I'm on the rocks of following through as the recent hemifever 91 tune I uploaded in the truck gives a decent bump in power I need for regular duty. Regardless, the procharger makes the truck scoot. Enjoy it.

Oh, and if you do the install yourself:
-the driverside of the engine bay just behind the headlight will begin to get tighter, and tighter, as you begin to install the procharger unit and piping. I'm a stubborn guy so I continued the install ignoring the recommendation to remove the driver-side wheel and liner. Do yourself a favor and remove it.
-Also, play around with the clocking of the unit before you secure it to the bracket. Doing so may ease the intercooler pipe routing, or just get some custom hoses made for both the intake tube and hotside intercooler piping.
-Another point is the 6-rib belt provided in the kit was extremely tight when installed. I bypassed an idler pulley on the procharger bracket as even the OEM tensioner was maxed out trying to match their routing diagram. It should loosen a bit with a couple miles, but if it doesnt, I didn't experience any issues, but YMMV.
-Lastly, if you have a dual alternator setup, you'll have to remove/cut the second alternator belt as it sits in front of the main accessory belt: there's no way around this. I kind of wish procharger just designed a bracket that used this second pulley. Sure, you lose the second alternator, but you have a direct pulley to the procharger for ease of maintenance and not risk losing power steering, power, etc, if the belt snaps or slips off...pros and cons.

Last edited:

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your gas mileage claim is on point: your new lead foot will negate any possible gains in mpg this kit may have produced, and I would question if the kit even improves it as a lot is based on the tune. I know as I installed the previous gen kit in my truck (2015- 66rfe).

I recently uninstalled it since i planned on adding forged pistons and a slightly built transmission for more reliability. But, I'm on the rocks of following through as the recent hemifever 91 tune I uploaded in the truck gives a decent bump in power I need for regular duty. Regardless, the procharger makes the truck scoot. Enjoy it.

Oh, and if you do the install yourself:
-the driverside of the engine bay just behind the headlight will begin to get tighter, and tighter, as you begin to install the procharger unit and piping. I'm a stubborn guy so I continued the install ignoring the recommendation to remove the driver-side wheel and liner. Do yourself a favor and remove it.
-Also, play around with the clocking of the unit before you secure it to the bracket. Doing so may ease the intercooler pipe routing, or just get some custom hoses made for both the intake tube and hotside intercooler piping.
-Another point is the 6-rib belt provided in the kit belt was extremely tight. I bypassed an idler pulley on the bracket as even the OEM tensioner was maxed out trying to match their routing diagram. It should loosen a bit with a couple miles, but if it doesnt, I didn't experience any issues, but YMMV.
-Lastly, if you have a dual alternator setup, you'll have to remove/cut the second alternator belt as it sits in front of the main accessory belt: there's no way around this. I kind of wish procharger just designed a bracket that used this second pulley. Sure, you lose the second alternator, but you have a direct pulley to the procharger for ease of maintenance and not risk losing power steering, power, etc, if the belt snaps or slips off...pros and cons.

Damn. I wish I had known this before ordering dual alternators on my build a few weeks ago. Shoulda done more homework.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What, Doesn't work with dual alternators? Welp, Just ordered a 75a with dual alternators. I got 6 years before the warranty expires. Either someone will come up with a solution or I will try.

I have been doing some investigating. I personally don't see how the dual alternator gets in the way. The two systems are on complete different sides of the engine. The hoses dont even get near the alternator. The website and instructions don't say anything about dual alternators. I know I haven't don't it but seems crazy that there would be a problem.

Last edited:

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just spoke with pro charger the other day. It won't work on my 18 with the dual alternators.
Too bad because I'm guessing there are a few PW's with the dual alternator setup because of the power the winch requires.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I ordered my truck to go anywhere, not win races. Dual alternator would be more important to me.

bpgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To clarify: The kit WILL WORK with dual alternators.

The procharger staff was clueless when I asked about the dual alternators when I first started the install...I went ahead with the install and figured things out as I went.
The only difference with the dual alternators setup is the second alternator's belt is in the way of the main belt; that's all. Once you remove it, install the procharger and new accessory belt. Then you can reinstall the second alternator belt around the alternator and crank pulley. When you look in your engine bay, you'll see what I'm talking about.
For those that have never attempted to install the second alternator belt, it's a pain in the ass. I just paid the dealership to do it. I'm decent with a wrench and can figure a lot of things out, but that was one task I gladly paid someone else to do.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well there you go. Procharger doesn't know ****!! Now you may have cost me money sir.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
I may get one in the distant future. After my Warranty expires. If I did. It would happen after I made a Cam Lifter Swap . To get rid of the MDS . Nice Find. Good luck. The main reason for me would be for pulling power up mountains. Good luck . Looking forward to the After Install posts.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the premium fuel part of running a supercharger either. I've never seen an aftermarket supercharger setup that didn't require higher octane fuel rather than run the risk of blowing a hole through a piston. Premium should be pushing $4 a gallon by summer at this rate. Their claims of better fuel economy are interesting too. Never seen any big horsepower gains accompanied by better mileage before; usually its the opposite for most of us.

bpgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, if anyone is near Ottawa, Canada, I have my kit for sale. I'll be back in the US around July and will be in the NC, VA, TX area for a few weeks before I depart to my next assignment. Send me a PM if you're interested otherwise it'll be stored with my household goods for a few years.

I think I'll be selling my truck as well, but that will be a separate post.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Don't forget about the premium fuel part of running a supercharger either. I've never seen an aftermarket supercharger setup that didn't require higher octane fuel rather than run the risk of blowing a hole through a piston. Premium should be pushing $4 a gallon by summer at this rate. Their claims of better fuel economy are interesting too. Never seen any big horsepower gains accompanied by better mileage before; usually its the opposite for most of us.

And tune.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
To clarify: The kit WILL WORK with dual alternators.

The procharger staff was clueless when I asked about the dual alternators when I first started the install...I went ahead with the install and figured things out as I went.
The only difference with the dual alternators setup is the second alternator's belt is in the way of the main belt; that's all. Once you remove it, install the procharger and new accessory belt. Then you can reinstall the second alternator belt around the alternator and crank pulley. When you look in your engine bay, you'll see what I'm talking about.
For those that have never attempted to install the second alternator belt, it's a pain in the ass. I just paid the dealership to do it. I'm decent with a wrench and can figure a lot of things out, but that was one task I gladly paid someone else to do.

Well duh, the belt in front has to come off to work on the main belt. Remember back in the day when cars had over 3 v-belts. It's amazing they can make this kit and tun a car but there reasoning for no dual alternators with the procarger is because the belt is in the way during assembly. Makes me concerned about there ability. I would bet the reason is they never worked on a truck with dual alternators.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
My thoughts on you question are DO IT NOW!!!! LOL I did mine at 10k miles and depending on the dealer it will not mess the warranty, so you will have to ask. I have NO REGRETS except the premium fuel costs but it is still cheaper than running a diesel. As far as gas mileage I do not feel there was a "great " gain maybe a mile per gallon. That being said "IF" I hold it at 65mph on fairly level ground it has hit 24.5 mpg's. It can also make towing way MORE FUN. Because they do NOT expect you to be able to get up and GO. That is my final answer.

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
So I’m placing my order for the new pro charger once my shop is finished being built so I will have a place to install.

I am at 25,000 miles. Should I wait until the 35,000 (warranty will run out) mile mark before I put the procharger on?

Here is a link -
https://www.procharger.com/truck-superchargers/chrysler/ram/2017-14-ram-25003500-hemi-64

https://www.procharger.com/blog/supercharger-kits-2021-ram-1500-and-2500-procharger-57l-and-64l

The way gas prices are going I fill up twice a week, used to be 1.73 now it’s right at 3 dollars... crazy how as soon as the new administration came in my gas bill went out the roof and everything appears to be getting more expensive.. rant over..

I have read that the pro charger will improve gas Milage as long as you don’t have a led foot.. but let’s be honest I’m not getting it for gas Milage..

still loving the power wagon, wouldn’t get rid of it now for anything. Daily driving beast mode.

Excited to see how this turns out. I’ll be following suit once I feel it’s figured out for the 2021.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Damn it. Wife is gonna be pissed that I clicked on this thread. Notes to myself to make some calls tomorrow to find specific pricing. And there’s a dealer not too far away :grd: