Power Wagon Quirks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2015 Silverado used to do the at some pumps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ibnsos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I have the fueling issue. It isn't every pump, but most pumps in my area I have the issue. When I'm at one of those, I just hold the pump handle up so that the fuel angles downward more and it solves the issue for me.
The hood isn't flimsy, it is just poorly adjusted. Tell him to back off on the hood stops three clicks and it will probably solve his issue.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’ll obviously test drive the truck so you can see whether the hood has an issue or not. As far as Pumping gas, once you agree on a price then you can go pump $30 in the truck and see what it does before you sign. It would be $30 well spent since you have the concern. Of course, a good dealership would let you pump the gas on their dime if y’all agreed on a out the door price.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Doubt you will get many complaints here. But ask us if we think the PW is better than a Raptor!! Lol.

The PW loves the gas station. If the is a small to mid size station it has one sump pump and no regulator, so if you are the only one pumping, the pressure is so great and you have to use the middle setting. Larger stations have 2-3 ground pumps and a regulator to maintain controles flow. Seems to not be able to displace air fast enough when the flow is above average out of the pump.

The hood is adjustable as mentioned already.
Get a 19 or 20 model to get the better tranny.
Don’t join the club if your gonna cry about payload and tow ratings.
Get 35” tires before you leave the dealer lot.
The vibration you may get at cruising speeds is the economy mode forcing the cylinders in to 4 cylinder operation. Common complaint and can be turned off. ( not an issue in my 19. ) good luck.

B8A9B6F3-599A-4DF5-8340-0F6DEB626F79.jpeg

23ECAB15-0209-492E-81E0-4D6D3A99179D.jpeg

93641308-8C1D-4982-B5C6-D8643033D464.jpeg

84F747ED-505E-448B-B30A-427717192C4F.jpeg

Last edited:

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I've had no issues with filling up or the hood.

However, my e-brake bracket is rubbing against the frame again after the dealership said they fixed it. So I'm gonna have to crawl under there and do the fix myself. Makes my truck sound all rickety.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
I have had the issues with the fuel fill thing, friggin annoying...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Mine is not a PW but that gas filling issue is happening to a lot of people ... it's a problem with the gas tank from what I have now seen ...

PWonly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Doubt you will get many complaints here. But ask us if we think the PW is better than a Raptor!! Lol.

The PW loves the gas station. If the is a small to mid size station it has one sump pump and no regulator, so if you are the only one pumping, the pressure is so great and you have to use the middle setting. Larger stations have 2-3 ground pumps and a regulator to maintain controles flow. Seems to not be able to displace air fast enough when the flow is above average out of the pump.

The vibration you may get at cruising speeds is the economy mode forcing the cylinders in to 4 cylinder operation. Common complaint and can be turned off. ( not an issue in my 19. ) good luck.

View attachment 201483

View attachment 201484

View attachment 201485

View attachment 201486

Huge shout out on what is causing the vibration issue and how to fix it! Thank you!

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for the info! His tank filling must be specific to his own truck and not across the board.
Its a common issue with most HD trucks at the gas pumps. You just have to hold it while it fills

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I must be lucky - I've never had a problem with setting the pump on highest flow rate and letting it go on my 2018. At 60k miles, that's a long, expensive history of gas stops...

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I must be lucky - I've never had a problem with setting the pump on highest flow rate and letting it go on my 2018. At 60k miles, that's a long, expensive history of gas stops...

Same here.

Probly just jinxed myself lol.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Doubt you will get much crap from the majority on this site.
Huge shout out on what is causing the vibration issue and how to fix it! Thank you!
Yes using the gear +/- or the tow button will turn MDS/eco mode off. ( until you start the truck the next time. ( eco mode doesn’t seem to be an issue with the 8 speed and unleaded plus)

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I've had no issues with filling up or the hood.

Same here.

Probly just jinxed myself lol.

It is possible that you put the nozzle and 75% of the way by habit. As I do now alleviate that problem.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It is possible that you put the nozzle and 75% of the way by habit. As I do now alleviate that problem.
Nope. I put it all the way in, just like on my 2015 2500 and 2013 1500 I had. Zero fueling issues through all 3 trucks

Kayphix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 V8
I had the gas fill issue once at QT when I first bought the truck. I go back to the same gas station and have never had the issue again, now with 4500mi on it.

Rambi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
No fuel filling or hood problems here. We have had a couple issues though. The EGR valve went bad approximately 45 days(5k miles) after we drove it off the lot and the right rear window switch went bad about a month later at 7k miles. The E-Lockers and the sway bar disconnect take longer than what I’d like, but the more I use them the faster they are. That being said, I do live in North Pole, AK, so to say the least, conditions are extreme. This place will definitely find the weak points for sure lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Sutter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
My son has the 17 pw , and only problem that bugs him is the stupid rear coils, as is the way he says it. Lol. He says they act and feel like his old 15’ 1500 hemi. But like he did on the 1500, the pw will get bagged for towing. As for fueling, I’m betting he got the pump that has real good flow from gas pump. I’ve been with him numerous times when he pumped, and haven’t seen his truck kick pump off.

John Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

View attachment 201483

View attachment 201484

View attachment 201485

View attachment 201486
What kind of flares do you have on the truck?
Looking for some on my 2019 pw.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk