Power Wagons ... Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
New PW owner. First time truck owner to be honest. Traded in a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT. Loved that thing, but I love this truck even more. Looking forward to learning the ropes of off-roading.

A few pics of the new ride. Excuse the nice yellow tint on the truck from all the pollen.
View attachment 211808
Notice my wife in the driver's seat on the first day home
View attachment 211809
Blacked out the front
View attachment 211810 Cover and Extender installed
View attachment 211811 Most important mod. One of our four dogs enjoying the new stairs.

Really enjoy all the info provided on this forum. Dethloff skid on order, and loaded up with recovery gear. I have a laundry list of wants, but the funds are low. I never thought buying a $60k+ truck would lead me to spending so much more money...

Thank you again to all the members here. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge and my mod list.

Do you have a link to those stairs? How do you/the pups like them? Mine is 85lbs and 8.5 years old. I want to save his joints so I'm picking him up out of the truck. Unfortunately this may be compromising my joints now...

OA

zJdpKJV.jpg

PW18USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where did you buy your new shocks from? I don’t think they fit the 19 (I was told) but I want to ask again

I bought everything from CJC Offroad. If you're a veteran, they will give you 5% off. They ordered them directly from Thuren. I believe they are preloaded to go with the coil springs. I believe these will fit yours too. I just looked on their page and below are the descriptors. I've also enclosed the direct link to the page concerning our Power Wagons. I hope this helps to answer your question. Let me know if you need any assistance. Good luck!

2005-2020 POWER WAGON
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/products/dodge-ram/power-wagon.html

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I bought everything from CJC Offroad. If you're a veteran, they will give you 5% off. They ordered them directly from Thuren. I believe they are preloaded to go with the coil springs. I believe these will fit yours too. I just looked on their page and below are the descriptors. I've also enclosed the direct link to the page concerning our Power Wagons. I hope this helps to answer your question. Let me know if you need any assistance. Good luck!

2005-2020 POWER WAGON
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/products/dodge-ram/power-wagon.html
Thanks for the link. I will call to confirm but it appears my truck uses the same part number. I thought for sure the front shocks should be longer...

PW18USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
New PW owner. First time truck owner to be honest. Traded in a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT. Loved that thing, but I love this truck even more. Looking forward to learning the ropes of off-roading.

A few pics of the new ride. Excuse the nice yellow tint on the truck from all the pollen.
View attachment 211808
Notice my wife in the driver's seat on the first day home
View attachment 211809
Blacked out the front
View attachment 211810 Cover and Extender installed
View attachment 211811 Most important mod. One of our four dogs enjoying the new stairs.

Really enjoy all the info provided on this forum. Dethloff skid on order, and loaded up with recovery gear. I have a laundry list of wants, but the funds are low. I never thought buying a $60k+ truck would lead me to spending so much more money...

Thank you again to all the members here. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge and my mod list.

Nice truck! Please let us know where you got those steps for the dog's. I need one for mine as well. Thanks. DK

takebars

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Nice mods so far. The mods never end... I’m 7k in and at the very least have 4 more to go and I only had my truck for 11 months.

Ugh, don't let my wife see that. Honestly, I have 4k-5k of mods I would like just from Dethloff and Maple Offroad. Free plugs on our dog's IG page if I can get a discount on those ;)
Do you have a link to those stairs? How do you/the pups like them? Mine is 85lbs and 8.5 years old. I want to save his joints so I'm picking him up out of the truck. Unfortunately this may be compromising my joints now...

OA

zJdpKJV.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGK3M8...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Here is the link to the stairs. We got the 5 stair set, and have been very happy with them. I like the adjustable incline. We ended up loosening them all the way and they fit nicely under the interior molding of the door. They lay on the folding rear seat platform. No idea where they are made, but the quality seems very good for what they are. The stairs themselves are taut material, so the dogs were a little unsure at first. After a few treats and a couple practice tries, they were using them confidently. I can fold and unfold them with one hand. Just flip them open, step on the end, extend them fully and lay them on the platform. Very easy, and once I figured out how to get a good fit under the door it is very stable. My only complaint is that I don't have a good place to store them. Currently, I just put them in front of the dog hammock in the back seat area. It works, but not ideal or neat. Wish they would fit in the rambox.

FYI, the dog in the pic is 70lbs. Our heaviest is a little over 80lbs. These stairs are rated to 150lbs and there is a version that has a higher weight rating.

Great pic. Happy dogs, happy life! :)

Last edited:

PW18USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ugh, don't let my wife see that. Honestly, I have 4k-5k of mods I would like just from Dethloff and Maple Offroad. Free plugs on our dog's IG page if I can get a discount on those ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGK3M8...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Here is the link to the stairs. We got the 5 stair set, and have been very happy with them. I like the adjustable incline. We ended up loosening them all the way and they fit nicely under the interior molding of the door. They lay on the folding rear seat platform. No idea where they are made, but the quality seems very good for what they are. The stairs themselves are taut material, so the dogs were a little unsure at first. After a few treats and a couple practice tries, they were using them confidently. I can fold and unfold them with one hand. Just flip them open, step on the end, extend them fully and lay them on the platform. Very easy, and once I figured out how to get a good fit under the door it is very stable. My only complaint is that I don't have a good place to store them. Currently, I just put them in front of the dog hammock in the back seat area. It works, but not ideal or neat. Wish they would fit in the rambox.

FYI, the dog in the pic is 70lbs. Our heaviest is a little over 80lbs. These stairs are rated to 150lbs and there is a version that has a higher weight rating.

Great pic. Happy dogs, happy life! :)

Thanks, much appreciated

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the link. I will call to confirm but it appears my truck uses the same part number. I thought for sure the front shocks should be longer...

Why would they need to be longer? They are made to match the springs and travel perfectly.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Why would they need to be longer? They are made to match the springs and travel perfectly.
since the 2019 sits 1-1.5 inches higher in the front then the 2018 model, it seems that on full flex the shock could max out. So I assumed the shock could be a hair longer to accommodate that.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
since the 2019 sits 1-1.5 inches higher in the front then the 2018 model, it seems that on full flex the shock could max out. So I assumed the shock could be a hair longer to accommodate that.

Its only 7mm higher from the literature I have read. But regardless, its a moot point considering you change the springs out anyway...Thurens springs will lift the front slightly.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Its only 7mm higher from the literature I have read. But regardless, its a moot point considering you change the springs out anyway...Thurens springs will lift the front slightly.
Yeah 7mm or 1/2 inch is not enough to make the difference. Some reason I thought it was more than an inch. I know not even an inch is that much but enough to bottom out a shock if the tolerance was tight.
I don’t want the springs as I don’t want any softer suspension but the fox shocks is a off road shock that I’m very familiar with and performed well on one of my last trucks.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah 7mm or 1/2 inch is not enough to make the difference. Some reason I thought it was more than an inch. I know not even an inch is that much but enough to bottom out a shock if the tolerance was tight.
I don’t want the springs as I don’t want any softer suspension but the fox shocks is a off road shock that I’m very familiar with and performed well on one of my last trucks.

Gotchya. Yea, check with thuren, last I remember was he highly recommended not using his shocks unless they were paired with his springs. Not exactly sure why.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Gotchya. Yea, check with thuren, last I remember was he highly recommended not using his shocks unless they were paired with his springs. Not exactly sure why.
A wild guess. Cause he put tons of work into them and they’re flawless. I’m currently Seriously considering ADS shocks since they’re here in Tucson but have a hard time running something other than Thuren.

Allblknblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hi guys! I bought this 2019 PW in January and love it. Not much done to it yet but just installed a Pedal Commander yesterday and will be putting some new wheels/tires on it this weekend. Will post up some new pics when I do. After wheels and tires I will probably be in desperate need of some side steps so those are next on my list.

104176776_2660757507537529_2943340455710086533_n.jpg 104591758_265394087877163_4164909557352835618_n.jpg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Hi guys! I bought this 2019 PW in January and love it. Not much done to it yet but just installed a Pedal Commander yesterday and will be putting some new wheels/tires on it this weekend. Will post up some new pics when I do. After wheels and tires I will probably be in desperate need of some side steps so those are next on my list.

View attachment 211947 View attachment 211948
Welcome to the Club! Skip straight to the sliders and you can kill to birds with $900-1200

takebars

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4L Hemi

View attachment 211947 View attachment 211948

Nice ride! I agree with Trailmaker, skip straight to the sliders. Kind of wish my truck didn't have the sidesteps, so I could justify the sliders more right now. I'll be looking to sell my sidesteps when I save up for the sliders.

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Yes, if you get non structural steps, they will get crushed and take your rocker panel with it the very first real obstacle you hit. Get sliders that mount to the frame. Maple Off road or White Knuckle Off road. Good luck with it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l