Power Wagons ... Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
just finished making a fairlead. i know its behind the bumper. ill probly trim the horizontal lip of the bumper a smidge, right below the bottom ledge of the fairlead incase i ever had to pull at some extreme downward angle. otherwise it should work great

View attachment 227697
That looks like master pull rope

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
just finished making a fairlead. i know its behind the bumper. ill probly trim the horizontal lip of the bumper a smidge, right below the bottom ledge of the fairlead incase i ever had to pull at some extreme downward angle. otherwise it should work great

View attachment 227697
Nice! i was lazy and just made blocks to bolt a factor 55 lead onto

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! i was lazy and just made blocks to bolt a factor 55 lead onto

it quit easy to make one that fits in the bracket were the rollers were. you can get like a piece of 1.5 or 2"×4"×12.5" 6061. measure the exact width of your bracket and cut it to that. probly around 12.25 if i recall. put it in the bracket and mark the four holes with a transfer punch. the four holes of the horizontal rollers is what youll use for 1/2" diam bolts. decide where you want the rope slot. any machine shop can cut the slot and drill/tap the bolt holes in 30min or so on a mill machine. after i sent it to cache valley plating in logan utah for hard anodize. 1day they had it on the way back to me

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
it quit easy to make one that fits in the bracket were the rollers were. you can get like a piece of 1.5 or 2"×4"×12.5" 6061. measure the exact width of your bracket and cut it to that. probly around 12.25 if i recall. put it in the bracket and mark the four holes with a transfer punch. the four holes of the horizontal rollers is what youll use for 1/2" diam bolts. decide where you want the rope slot. any machine shop can cut the slot and drill/tap the bolt holes in 30min or so on a mill machine. after i sent it to cache valley plating in logan utah for hard anodize. 1day they had it on the way back to me
I work in a machine shop That's why I was saying I was being lazy...lol it probably would have been just as easy for me to make a full blown fair lead like you did then to make The adapter blocks I did. That looks really good! it's hard for us to sneak home jobs in unless we're on night shift. so maybe I see myself volunteering for some night shift in the near future...[emoji1787]

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they easily installed, removed, and stored? Would it be feasible as a weekend topper?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Takes me about 3 mins to reinstall it every time I put it up. It’s on and off the truck all the time. You will get the hang of it for sure

JHD1827

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Takes me about 3 mins to reinstall it every time I put it up. It’s on and off the truck all the time. You will get the hang of it for sure

I looked up their site and watched some videos. I guess it's not at all what I thought it was. I need one!!!

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
ya masterpull has good stuff. 7/16×70' i think is whats on there
Nice. I went with the super line 3/8” because of its breaking strength, and it allowed me to get 100’ of that on the drum.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked up their site and watched some videos. I guess it's not at all what I thought it was. I need one!!!
better get it ordered as they go fast in our size, unless you want gray or tan. Those colors were both in stock but twice when I went to order a black one they were on back order. Not sure what those colors would go with but I opted to wait for the black ones.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice. I went with the super line 3/8” because of its breaking strength, and it allowed me to get 100’ of that on the drum.

looking back i probly should of went 3/8×100 . no doubt ill need a extension line at some point but im broke right now as i just picked up a new air compressor and hypertherm plasma cutter for making skidplate cross members :anitoof:. of course ill make alot more things than crossmembers but thats first thing on the list

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
better get it ordered as they go fast in our size, unless you want gray or tan. Those colors were both in stock but twice when I went to order a black one they were on back order. Not sure what those colors would go with but I opted to wait for the black ones.
The tan looks great on red PWs and I bet it would look awesome on the new green colors. I’ve only seen one grey on and it was on a silver 8 ft bed truck.

shipping was really quick also when I ordered it back in feb-march

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963