PPE pan 8HP75

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are we letting the fluid trickle all the way to 122 or replacing the plug once it starts to trickle at any point in the temp range? I get varying shifts at each end of that temp range.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Are we letting the fluid trickle all the way to 122 or replacing the plug once it starts to trickle at any point in the temp range? I get varying shifts at each end of that temp range.
Are you going through the complete procedure when checking it?

Attachments

• IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 6

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you going through the complete procedure when checking it?
Yep, I've done it several times now. Just not sure where I'm supposed to be calling it good because it never seems to slow to a trickle in the middle of the range. I'll go through the shift procedure, then open the fill plug around 95-100 and nothing will flow out. If I put more in at that point until it flows out then it will increase to a steady stream and never get to the trickle point. I've had times where it won't flow at the beginning of the window but will have a steady stream at the end of the window. I've even reached out to ZF and they state they would perform the procedure between 86-104 but never really mention where you should stop. I know the instructions you have linked there say make sure the temp is below 86 before you start the shift procedure, but I've seen instructions say to start once it's in the 86-122 range.

For what is worth, Jay Greene said you want a trickle at 122, I know he's not an expert on transmissions but I know he's worked a lot with transmission builders.

What do you do when checking Wild one?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yep, I've done it several times now. Just not sure where I'm supposed to be calling it good because it never seems to slow to a trickle in the middle of the range. I'll go through the shift procedure, then open the fill plug around 95-100 and nothing will flow out. If I put more in at that point until it flows out then it will increase to a steady stream and never get to the trickle point. I've had times where it won't flow at the beginning of the window but will have a steady stream at the end of the window. I've even reached out to ZF and they state they would perform the procedure between 86-104 but never really mention where you should stop. I know the instructions you have linked there say make sure the temp is below 86 before you start the shift procedure, but I've seen instructions say to start once it's in the 86-122 range.

For what is worth, Jay Greene said you want a trickle at 122, I know he's not an expert on transmissions but I know he's worked a lot with transmission builders.

What do you do when checking Wild one?
By the time i get through the procedure,my transmission is usually between 115 and 120,and i call it good as long as fluid runs out the fill hole

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have another question about the procedure. The green sheet mentions verifying the transmission temperature is below 86*, and all other instructions I've seen say to wait until the temperature is within the window. Starting before the temp gets to 86* would result in a higher fluid amount when you go to open the fluid fill port. Isn't this what you want given the transmission slope? Also, I've completed the procedure more than I can count now the temperature is never above 100 even when I start at 86*. My transmission is really clunky if I let the excess drain to about 115-120*, so I tend to leave more in there.