Premature Worn Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yes same here I have the 2019 Laramie and my steering wheel is scabbing up. I attribute mine to the sanitizing of my hands then grabbing the wheel
Limited coverage. Put in a claim soon if you want it taken care of through warranty.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's up guy, have a '19 PW, just about a year old now with 12K miles. The steering wheel has begun to wear in my opinion very premature based on the age/use of the truck. Has anyone experienced this, or dealt with FCA regarding a warranty claim?

HLZPBFev6WmhVTHr9
Keep your leather wheel treated with top quality cream that contains no solvents and it will greatly prolong its life.
Heated wheel will add to the drying out of the leather so keep it treated on very regular basis
I'm not sure what there is out there to safely clean and treat the rubberized coating

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Octane

Reaction score
but I paid to have a nice leather steering wheel, I should be able to enjoy it and not have to put a cover on it.
The way I see it is why put a cover on it just to give a nice steering wheel to the next owner?I feel the same way about seatcovers too.

Octane

Reaction score
X2!!!! Never really understood it.
Yeah! Why buy the stuff just to make it look good for the next owner,unless you just really drag mud and stains in on it I wont protect it.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That's pretty crazy. I have 33 on mine and over 50 on my wife's durango and both wheels look better than that.