Preparing for cam swap, have an idea.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
They are on sale for 99$ right now on the website... :)
That seems to be their permenant price,lol.They were on sale for that price 6 months ago.I picked the one up i have for 90 bucks Canuck including shipping from Ont.I put a post up on a couple facebook pages looking for one,that's how i found the one i have.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I think it's doable by not disconnecting the a/c. May have to wait til the fan shroud is out to swing the compressor over. I'd hang it off the hood with a bungie cord if possible. Just be careful not to bend the aluminum part of the lines or snag the rubber.

Good info on the khaos adapter, just saved me $100

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got the V6 fan already so I figure once I pull the fan and radiator I should have enough room to unbolt the compressor and leave it hooked up. Same for the condenser. Which would have to be removed if I did the swap leaving the engine in. I'm thinking it's probably about even as far as overall difficulty/complexity. But as I think of this more I'm leaning towards pulling the motor and doing everything while it's on the stand. I'm trying to watch the weather forecast closely to decide when I'm giving the truck a detailed wash and stuffing it in the garage to start wrenching on it.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Keep your eyes open for the Khaos adapter Ian,it's cheaper then the MMX adapter.When i put the Kittycat TB on the wifes 6.4,i found a new one in Ontario,that the guy never used,for about half the price of buying it off Khaos.All told i have 300 bucks into a low mile used Hellcat TB/Hellcat airbox and the adapter to install it on her Challenger
that's super awesome that your wife likes you modding her car- my wife is the opposite she wont let me touch hers and i'm dying to do some mods, she grew up with her dad and brother doing 1/4 mile drags and all of the family cars were were fully built (cam, heads, headers stalled etc....) and fast (for the 80's) crazy!

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
I've got the V6 fan already so I figure once I pull the fan and radiator I should have enough room to unbolt the compressor and leave it hooked up. Same for the condenser. Which would have to be removed if I did the swap leaving the engine in. I'm thinking it's probably about even as far as overall difficulty/complexity. But as I think of this more I'm leaning towards pulling the motor and doing everything while it's on the stand. I'm trying to watch the weather forecast closely to decide when I'm giving the truck a detailed wash and stuffing it in the garage to start wrenching on it.
can you do headers on a stand then drop it back in?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
that's super awesome that your wife likes you modding her car- my wife is the opposite she wont let me touch hers and i'm dying to do some mods, she grew up with her dad and brother doing 1/4 mile drags and all of the family cars were were fully built (cam, heads, headers stalled etc....) and fast (for the 80's) crazy!
She loves drag racing as much as i do, she probably did more street racing in this old toy then i did,back when we were first together,lol.She bought her 1320 Challenger with the sole intention of beating my truck,lol

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 8

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
.......She bought her 1320 Challenger with the sole intention of beating my truck,lol
So, tell us. Did she whoop your ass with the Challenger?

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
She loves drag racing as much as i do, she probably did more street racing in this old toy then i did,back when we were first together,lol.She bought her 1320 Challenger with the sole intention of beating my truck,lol
now that is awesome!!!!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So, tell us. Did she whoop your ass with the Challenger?
O-ya the car is about a second quicker then the truck now,even stone cold stock it was faster,lol.If you haven't ran into a 1320 Challenger heres a short little video on them,they're kind of known as the baby demon.They come through with a factory high stall convertor with differant shift mapping in the 8 speed,compared to normal Scatpacks.They'll eat a normal 6.4 Scatpack Challenger/Charger for breakfast ,lol.

Little article on the 1320's that's worth reading if you're in the market for a new Scatpack Challenger.

Last edited:

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can you do headers on a stand then drop it back in?
I'm not sure. I haven't found any info pointing to if it was or was not possible. I'm guessing I can probably squeeze it in with the headers on. At least bolted up but maybe leave them loose to navigate them in between the frame rail and bell housing.