Presentation and transmission question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram2500Spain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hello!
My name is Salvador and I am from Spain and I am the proud newbie owner of a DODGE RAM 2500 SLT QUAD CAB 4x4 of year 2006 with 5.9L Cummins and automatic gearbox.
Here most comun cars for all terrain, expedition purposes are Toyota, Land Rover and Nissan.

I show you my 3 big wheels at the moment...
99bacd2afc2ad1136655220c5f5b7364.jpg

Well...here in Spain we do not have official representation for Dodge Ram trucks and we do not have the same information and culture around that you have in North America...I must learn all new for this truck and is amazing [emoji48]

One of the most important lacks that I see is about the transmission....
1.- do not exist the possibility to drive in a AWD mode
2.- do not exist the possibility to engage manually diff locks.

What could be best solution for these ?
There a transfer with the possibility to drive in 4x4 without lock diffs?
What diff locks front and rear works better ?

I try to explain but my english is not so good as I need to explain better. Sorry.

Thanks for your support.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ram2500Spain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Another important information...actual axles ratio is 3.73 with LT265/70R17E .
What could be the best ratio if I want to change this tires for a bigger ones like a 39”?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I am not into diff lockers so I can't comment on that, but as far as tires are concerned you should be Ok with 3.73 gears unless you tow very heavy. For 39" tires on a tow vehicle I would recommend 4.10 axle ratio. BTW, you do know you will have to do a lift and change steering components to get that truck over 39's, which I have never done and will never do.