Price Quote for 4.56’s...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Soooo,
Mi called the installer. Lucky JUST before he ordered parts. Now im getting 4.88’s, nitro gears.

Thank you all for your opinions and help
And that chart kicks ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
From my calculations in 5 th gear I will be running at 2600 rpm almost exactly, with 4.88’s and 35’s.

That is good In your opinion?

You have 5.13’s and 37’s right? What are your RPMs at 70 mph in 5th?

I question 5th because 6th is a lost cause. Way to high geared. And 5th and 4th is what i tow in mostly[emoji16]

For determining engine rpm/mph with any axle or transmission gear:
https://spicerparts.com/calculators/transmission-ratio-rpm-calculator

Reactions: SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Edit:Delete

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ithanks for the link guys.

’ve been using that one and these two to compare numbers with throughout my process. Just to see how the numbers compare between calculators. They all seem to be VERY close to eachother. But i just liked seeing 2 difference calculator results all the time. To error on the side of cation.

There have been quite a few links like that posted around the forum the past couple months

This is one that someone shared with me and is now my favorite \/\/
http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

This is good too.\/\/
http://www.csgnetwork.com/multirpmcalc.html

I hope these threads are helpful to all.

Lets keep them close to the top.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ithanks for the link guys.

’ve been using that one and these two to compare numbers with throughout my process. Just to see how the numbers compare between calculators. They all seem to be VERY close to eachother. But i just liked seeing 2 difference calculator results all the time. To error on the side of cation.

There have been quite a few links like that posted around the forum the past couple months

This is one that someone shared with me and is now my favorite \/\/
http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

This is good too.\/\/
http://www.csgnetwork.com/multirpmcalc.html

I hope these threads are helpful to all.

Lets keep them close to the top.

Grimjeeper will let you compare RPMs in each gear. I found their models accurate too.

Reactions: U&A

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Soooo,
Mi called the installer. Lucky JUST before he ordered parts. Now im getting 4.88’s, nitro gears.

And that chart kicks ass

Good choice. Your comment about 6th being unusable highlights how high the transmission gearing is. Look at the ratios in the 8HP75 as a comparison.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Soooo,

And that chart kicks ass

I'm thinking 4.88's would work best for me too. I don't tow at all and live at sub-600ft elevation.

Garrett Reid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im switching out to 4.56 gears in my 07 1500 2wd and new to gearing what will i need besides the actual gears. trying to put a price list together and really have no idea, i tried googling it and just got overwelmed and didnt know what to trust and what to discard so thought my best bet would to post on here and see what comes back

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ should prolly move it to the 1/2 ton thread as this pertains to the 3/4 ton, although some of the answers may be the same, you might get more exposure though in the 1/2 ton section.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
4.88’s in and truck is home. Ill post a thread in a few day with my opinions. First impression,

VERY HAPPY

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
4.88’s in and truck is home. Ill post a thread in a few day with my opinions. First impression,

VERY HAPPY

Nice man! That's awesome! Looking forward to your thoughts. What was the final invoice for the work?

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

VERY HAPPY

The tire size and ratio the truck should have come with from the factory.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Nice man! That's awesome! Looking forward to your thoughts. What was the final invoice for the work?

$2200

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
im switching out to 4.56 gears in my 07 1500 2wd and new to gearing what will i need besides the actual gears. trying to put a price list together and really have no idea, i tried googling it and just got overwelmed and didnt know what to trust and what to discard so thought my best bet would to post on here and see what comes back

From what I went through to get somebody to do mine I recommend just finding an installer that you trust and leaving it in their hands to figure out what needs to be done. In the end if they want your money they are going to have to figure it out.

Just voice your concerns and things that you may have heard with them to lead them in the right direction.

First place that I went to that is right in my local town was highly recommended by everybody I talk to. The issue is the guy never NEVER Returned my calls. I was always the one getting a hold of him and he was always not holding up his end of the conversation as far as what he said he was going to do. I kept having to push him to do things.

As of right now it has been three weeks since I’ve talk to him and the last I know he was supposed to call me back to set up an appointment for installation [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I really hope he calls so I can tell him I had somebody else do it.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
From what I went through to get somebody to do mine I recommend just finding an installer that you trust and leaving it in their hands to figure out what needs to be done. In the end if they want your money they are going to have to figure it out.

Just voice your concerns and things that you may have heard with them to lead them in the right direction.

First place that I went to that is right in my local town was highly recommended by everybody I talk to. The issue is the guy never NEVER Returned my calls. I was always the one getting a hold of him and he was always not holding up his end of the conversation as far as what he said he was going to do. I kept having to push him to do things.

As of right now it has been three weeks since I’ve talk to him and the last I know he was supposed to call me back to set up an appointment for installation [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Unfortunately, an all-too-common and currents in this day and age. Not just with this kind of work, I've had the same experience with trying to get contractors to do work at a house I'm remodeling. It's ridiculous.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

Did you end up getting your 4.88's in alright? How do you like the difference?