Price surprise!....and towing capacity question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenverRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Went in to order my Rebel today. When I price it online I get $74,820...when they enter in their system the price is $79,285. Apparently the "net price" shown on the Ram website isn't what you actually pay. My sales girl showed me that their is no dealer markup it's just they way their pricing is wrong online. Anyone else run into that?

Also can someone clarify the towing capacity of the Rebel with the 5.7 eTorque. She also said that adding the multifunction tailgate and the ram cargo boxes reduces the towing capacity?
Thanks!

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Can't speak for prices but yeah adding any weight will reduce both payload and towing capacities. Payload is calculated by taking GVWR and subtracting the weight of the truck. That balance is what remains for you, passengers, bigger tires, dog, tongue weight of any trailer, cup of coffee, etc.
Towing capacity is calculated by taking your GCWR and subtracting the weight of the truck, including everything that is in it as listed above. So if GCWR is 16,000 and your truck weighs 7000 then your max tow is 9000. Add more options like a heavier tailgate, etc and that raises your curb weight, so the result is lower payload and lower towing

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might want to check around at other dealerships, I just bought my Rebel GT and it was no where near that expensive... As mine is configured I just have a regular bed/tailgate but its a touch over 11k

OP
OP
D

DenverRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
You might want to check around at other dealerships, I just bought my Rebel GT and it was no where near that expensive... As mine is configured I just have a regular bed/tailgate but its a touch over 11k
I did end up going to a different dealer yesterday afternoon. Ended up about $5k less with the same build. :)

11k?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
80 grand for a rebel…holy sheeeeeeeeet. I didnt know you could configure them that expensive…although i have never built one either.

Skinstains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 etorque GT
I ordered mine with about all the options (except ram box/multi.function tailgate and trailer-backer knob thing package ;) ) and I was around 74, and it came in at 73,8 at the dealer with destination charge included...I know this is an old thread but you can build one with every option including those and not get to that number...don't over pay! The second price sounds closer...