Prices on the rise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
and the problem with the vote is like here, I live in ILLINOIS. but NOT CHICAGO. I am 2 counties away from that abyss. and the whole rest of Illinois can vote one way. Then CHICAGO comes in and votes their choice and outweighs/obliterates the wishes of the whole rest of the state. Look at a map. Look at how little percentage of real estate (acres, square miles, etc) "Chicago" is as compared to Illinois as a whole. yet Chicago, as small of a percentage of the square miles of the whole state as it is, decides everything and ruins it for the rest of us...... basically it's pretty much a waste of time for anyone that isn't directly a resident of Chicago itself, to vote..... Be nice if it fell into the Lake.
Yep. Agreed. I also live in Illinois….Madison county.

The general feeling is the we should split the state like north and South Carolina, north and South Dakota, or even east and West Virginia. Anything to split Chicago away from the rest of the state.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep. Agreed. I also live in Illinois….Madison county.

The general feeling is the we should split the state like north and South Carolina, north and South Dakota, or even east and West Virginia. Anything to split Chicago away from the rest of the state.
There are efforts underway in some eastern Oregon counties to join Idaho. Portland controls too much and we all know about that city.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
and the problem with the vote is like here, I live in ILLINOIS. but NOT CHICAGO. I am 2 counties away from that abyss. and the whole rest of Illinois can vote one way. Then CHICAGO comes in and votes their choice and outweighs/obliterates the wishes of the whole rest of the state. Look at a map. Look at how little percentage of real estate (acres, square miles, etc) "Chicago" is as compared to Illinois as a whole. yet Chicago, as small of a percentage of the square miles of the whole state as it is, decides everything and ruins it for the rest of us...... basically it's pretty much a waste of time for anyone that isn't directly a resident of Chicago itself, to vote..... Be nice if it fell into the Lake.

Same here in NY.....It's futile. Something like 60% of NY's population lives in the NYC area. Much of the state as a whole voted red, but it's never enough...

Chas0218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah new hd trucks went up 2k from last month. According to the dealer jeeps did too and he said that it has steadily been increasing by the month. He said that the new market is starting to adjust to the used market which is bad news bears to anyone looking to buy a used car in the months ahead. I locked in at this new price on my order instead of waiting. Maybe ram will have some incentives out by the time my truck makes it here. We got within 1k on what we wanted for our trade so the wife and I are happy. Not sure if I'm going to enjoy DD a 2500 mega cab but it is what it is.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I needed to buy a new truck for my company. I was looking all around at all the options. 2018 laramie with 55kmiles going for 69,985 anything close to that range same price. My buddy's friend works at the dealer and found me a 2022 3500 big horn for 70k out the door. He would of ordered me a laramie for 72k if I wanted to wait. Used truck prices are crazy if you find the right dealer why not buy new. I wanted a laramie but this big horn came with enough, but I'll be ordering a few options later.
Sad thing is chevy and ford are 10k more....

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
There have been times when prices actually went down, but egads, with a whole lot of suffering along with it. Unless one is blessed and wise enough to have cashed in their chips beforehand. Lets all sell our trucks now whilst its hot and buy some good walking shoes.

ramphil09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Like everything else the price of the 3500 that I would like to get, went up by about $1,700 today. I have been on the Ram website building a truck about once a week for a couple of months now. You know... like we used to do when the winter Sears & Montgomery Ward catalogs would come out before Christmas. :) I actually went to a dealer yesterday to try & strike a deal. I was pretty much satisfied with how much they were coming off the new truck but they were not even close on my truck! Like 6k off!!! I guess I will have to keep at it. My last truck took close to 4 months to get the deal I wanted.
The same here with my 2500 cummins

Bagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you live close enough to Lake Charles Louisiana, check with Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge there. I built a 2500 Laramie with a few options on the Ram website, sent the info to Aaron and got a new build price that was less than the basic MRSP in one day. I took that price to two local dealers, they could not match the price and told me I better buy it because that was a great price. I believe that my price was less than the employee price. I took an 8-hour bus ride to pick it up from Florida. Very happy with the way they treated me and the whole buying process.

Attachments

• 20211122_094625.jpg
    20211122_094625.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 10

Oyou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
So glad I was able to pick up my new 2022 3500 a week ago. I knew the dollar was going to take a hit due to the government giving away so much money over the past 2 years.

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last week I saw $2000 markups (sorry... "Market Adjustment") and $850 paint protectant.

winter_ale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last January my wife bought a new 2021 Bronco sport and paid $30,200. Last week my daughter-in-law bought exactly the same Bronco sport, same model and same features, except it was a demo with 800 miles. She paid $37,000 and felt she got a fair deal. I’m amazed.

I bought my 2019 Ram classic bighorn in October for $39,000…higher than I wanted to pay but it was the best deal I could find at the time. It had 33,000 miles and leather and spray in bed liner plus a metal roll up tonneau (that rattles ha).

Anyway, the same dealer has the same bighorn, only it’s a 2017, no leather, no bed liner, no tonneau and 60,000+ miles. Price is $5,500 more than I paid. Yep, $45,499 for a 2017 with 60,000 miles!!!!

He has a brand new bighorn for $10,000 more and a new classic tradesman for $3000 less. So why buy the used one???
"Yep, $45,499 for a 2017 with 60,000 miles!!!!"

Wow, that is crazy! Just last week, I got a 2022 Bighorn Night Edition for $47k.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"Yep, $45,499 for a 2017 with 60,000 miles!!!!"

Wow, that is crazy! Just last week, I got a 2022 Bighorn Night Edition for $47k.
That,sir, is a really great deal. I’d do that one!

SteveBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree that values are absolutely nuts! I have a 2015 1500 SLT 3.6 That I purchased 3 years ago. I paid $20,000 for it and I approached my bank for refinancing the last 2 years of it and they appraised the value at $25,900. I couldn't believe it.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last week I saw $2000 markups (sorry... "Market Adjustment") and $850 paint protectant.
What the crap 3M PPF that has been around since the 60s?

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What the crap 3M PPF that has been around since the 60s?

It's polyurethane.. its been in high demand since its used in a lot of different form but base chemicals are the same. Most production plants are in the south and when they had that big freeze last year lots of chemicals got ruined as once the chemicals are frozen they are ruined. Flat roofers using insulation board is polyurethane base and lots of roofing jobs were postponed, redesigned, and or canceled.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's polyurethane.. its been in high demand since its used in a lot of different form but base chemicals are the same. Most production plants are in the south and when they had that big freeze last year lots of chemicals got ruined as once the chemicals are frozen they are ruined. Flat roofers using insulation board is polyurethane base and lots of roofing jobs were postponed, redesigned, and or canceled.
I work with it at work. It’s just a 3m version of PPF Or 3m itself. Out dated technology. Even new Porsches use the same stuff. It’s a selling point only. We remove it all the time and install xpel ultimate or STEK. I haven’t seen a price change in PPF here in Texas. Ex roofer so I know all about the mess with the freeze and Covid. 19.5 years until this year so you are correct. Currently the detail world can get the crap 3m no issues as well as the high end things we use no issues. That’s just a ploy.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work with it at work. It’s just a 3m version of PPF Or 3m itself. Out dated technology. Even new Porsches use the same stuff. It’s a selling point only. We remove it all the time and install xpel ultimate or STEK. I haven’t seen a price change in PPF here in Texas. Ex roofer so I know all about the mess with the freeze and Covid. 19.5 years until this year so you are correct. Currently the detail world can get the crap 3m no issues as well as the high end things we use no issues. That’s just a ploy.

Yeah I know there is a lot of shady stuff going on with supplies I deal with shortages and price hikes on all sorts of materials. Paint will be hit really hard as lots of the resins are being used to produced electric car batteries.. we do a lot of pre painted metal roofing and Kynar 500 will be hard to get this next year. Key components come from Russia/Australia and well they are not getting a long. Now they are calling out a DEF shortage which will drive prices higher.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01