PRNDL yellow, truck dies after start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the truck in July of 2021 with right at 45,000 miles. It has whatever spark plugs were in it then. I guess I'll be looking at the plugs then, it can't hurt. I've already cleaned the throttle body so I know that's good. I will also disconnect the computer like you said also. During the code scan, all the fuel injector misfire numbers were good except for number 7 which had at the time 362 count. So I might as well replace it with the new one I bought when this started,or what do you think?
If spark plugs are bad.... then so will the coils be. Oh, I'm not saying you can perceive it as such, unless you have an oscilloscope to look at secondary ignition bleed over. I'm seeing bad plugs/ coils/ wires where applicable, really play havoc with newer vehicle EEC systems (Electronic Engine Controls). Sadly, most dealers do not have technicians who are schooled in advanced electronic systems diagnosis. This is a crucial skill, that if I didn't possess it, would feel totally blind in advanced diags.

OP
OP
ryanpaulaf1

ryanpaulaf1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah I looked all over but I clearly didn't remove the air box to see what the technician saw. It's all good though. Live and learn I guess lol. I'm just happy to have my baby back.