Problems after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That a good thing that you figured it out and can definitely say - "now that's why I do my own work!" You might ahve paid someone a lot of money to diagnose and finally fix that for you. Congratulations on the find and now you can enjoy that lift. I'm doing my own lift as well and my wife is already starting with the "are you sure" but my brothers have done pleanty of lifts in the past and some fabrication work as well so I'm not worried. I feel much better knowing exactly what's giong under my truck, where it was mounted, and how it was mounted, etc.. I feel like if I have an issue down the road then I'll likey know better what to check. Again, congratulations for figuring out your issue.

brad_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 225322
If you look closely on this pic you can see that the cv axle appears not to be pressed all the way into the intermediate shaft. It felt good when I installed it as it popped past the ring and seated. I’m concerned because the other side is nearly flush, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience on their install.

That passenger side is correct. There is space on passenger side and not on driver side.

Nice job on everything! Looks great!

OP
OP
Postman2015

Postman2015

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That a good thing that you figured it out and can definitely say - "now that's why I do my own work!" You might ahve paid someone a lot of money to diagnose and finally fix that for you. Congratulations on the find and now you can enjoy that lift. I'm doing my own lift as well and my wife is already starting with the "are you sure" but my brothers have done pleanty of lifts in the past and some fabrication work as well so I'm not worried. I feel much better knowing exactly what's giong under my truck, where it was mounted, and how it was mounted, etc.. I feel like if I have an issue down the road then I'll likey know better what to check. Again, congratulations for figuring out your issue.
Exactly. I know how everything went together, what it’s all torqued to, and why I had pieces leftover. When some components needed to be chopped, it was me doing the chopping. Plus it’s a pain to try and find an off-road shop near me, it seems like they’re all jeep guys and not sure as I’d ever take my truck to them.