Problems that arise from tire size upgrade questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its on point at 75, but I will try it at 95 ... Ultimately, I will see if I can get it changed this week ... just in case.

hmmm, yea it should be off slightly. Roughly 6%. So at 55 with an uncalibrated setup it should be reading more like 52-53, and at 75 it should be more around 70.

Its odd yours is not off. When I went to 35’s I couldn't stand it until I changed the speedo. Shifted horribly!

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
hmmm, yea it should be off slightly. Roughly 6%. So at 55 with an uncalibrated setup it should be reading more like 52-53, and at 75 it should be more around 70.

Its odd yours is not off. When I went to 35’s I couldn't stand it until I changed the speedo. Shifted horribly!
I am going by the speed monitor on the navigator. It is barely off by a half second maybe at 75. I will try a better way to be sure.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I am going by the speed monitor on the navigator. It is barely off by a half second maybe at 75. I will try a better way to be sure.
Our trucks our governed to max speed of 96-97. Max speed with 35s is 106 when not corrected. So 10mi off at top speed.
(Dont ask me how I know this)

PW18USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The Pedal Commander will help with faster acceleration, not power. For the money, it will definitely help if yo go with larger tires. I love mine. It wont help with mileage though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

PW18USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I should clarify that I’m not looking for a solution to the mpg thing. I know that’s part of the territory. As for the power thing, I also know that’s part of the deal, but I was just wanting feedback from anyone who has specifically used the pedal commander and did it restore anything close to a “back to stock acceleration feel”?

And thanks, I’ll research the TazerRam.
I'm 100% believer in the Pedal Commander. If I'm understanding your question. You cant go wrong with the PC. Putting larger tires and the PC will work well together. I'd go as far to say, even with larger tires you will still see better take off than you did with stock tires. Hey, gas mileage is known fact. Personally, I did not buy this truck for the mileage. If I was looking for that, I would have went a different route. I truly believe you will be happy with the Pedal Commander.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put 35's on yesterday but I've only driven my truck about six miles since. I need to re-calibrate my speedo as I noticed it was off considerably at 65mph. The biggest difference I noticed, though, was stopping power feels much different. Definitely takes more pedal to stop and feels a little spongy. I do have a Pedal Commander so my question is, what setting on the Pedal Commander are you guys using with larger tires? Sorry if this has already been asked. I couldn't find it if it has. Thanks!

PW18USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I use city plus 3 for all purpose.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Our trucks our governed to max speed of 96-97. Max speed with 35s is 106 when not corrected. So 10mi off at top speed.
(Dont ask me how I know this)

I was afraid that would be the case when I saw these Q rated Goodyears on the PW. All my previous Rams were more like 112 which I appreciated as more liberal than the competitors nannies. Looks like I’ll be tune shopping.

I’m sure you test your vehicles on a closed course, just like I do. ;)