Problems with tuning 14 ram 2500 with intune i2

Discussion in 'Hemifever Tuning' started by PPL78, Dec 9, 2016.

1. PPL78

PPL78 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hello I bought the Diablo inTune i2 for my 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.7 hemi and first loaded the horsepower tune for 87 octane and selected yes to all the features (tire size, speed limiter, etc.) It loaded it just fine and when I started it up it idled really high so I put it in drive and the rpm's dropped to idle but when I went to push the gas pedal the rpm's dropped so much that it would stall. What happened to cause it to stall and how can I fix it?

I also am planning on purchasing hemifever's tune but want to see what the truck is like with the built in tunes.

Also I tried the fuel economy tune and selected 87 octane and it started loading the 91 octane tune, is that normal? If I ran it with that tune using 87 octane could it damage anything? What kind of fuel savings would I get out of it.

My goal is to have 1 tune for regular driving that saves fuel and have another tune for hauling (max torque and horsepower) and possibly if it doesn't fall under the hauling tune another tune for playing off-road and have high acceleration.

Thank you.
    Corey

2. hemifever

hemifever Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hey man. There's an issue with the express tuning mode if you remove the speed limiter. It sets it to 1 mph. Reload the diablo tune but don't change any parameters. It should be good. Not sure about the 91 tune loading vs the 87. I've never seen that reported

3. PPL78

PPL78 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thank you for the quick reply I will give that a try and let you know how it works out. I am new to using chips and modding vehicles so please bear with me if I have a lot of questions.

4. shane1981

shane1981 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    make sure and update it . if it has any

tuned by Jay Greene

5. PPL78

PPL78 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    The tuner is completely updated with the latest updates, that was the first thing I did when I got it was install the updates.

6. MADDOG

MADDOG Super Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
    Return the truck to Stock.

Start over and do as Matt said above.

7. hemifever

hemifever Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    just reinstall the tune and don't make any changes to it

8. slugmmco

slugmmco Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Im having a similar issue. I updated the tuner and loaded it in my truck with the 87 octane and no changes to the speed limiter, gear ratios or tire sizes and it would stall. I tried the same with the 91 and 93 tunes and the same happened. I did notice that no matter the octane tune it would do a tow tune, which I did not select. Had to put it back to stock in order to drive it. I don't know what the issue is. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

9. Ramtech2319

Ramtech2319 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have a 14 ram and want this so I hope u work out the bugs !!!!

10. PPL78

PPL78 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have some good news, I did get mine to work (thanks to the advice) and wow did it wake my truck up. What I had to do was reset the chips settings, check and install updates and then reinstalled the 87 octane tow tune selecting the default tire size, change the gear ratio and no to removing the speed limiter and it worked great. But cause it's winter and very icy I would really like to get the fuel economy mode to work (less power and better fuel) but every time I do it says it's installing a 91 octane tune, would running the 91 octane tune with 87 octane in the tank wreck anything? Also will the truck running 87 fuel on 91 mode make it more fuel efficient?
    Thank you.