ProCharger support mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Hello and good day everyone.

I wanted to check in and get everyone’s opinions on the build. At the moment, parts have been already ordered and as of this week, the engine is in the machine shop getting the internals done.

Before installing any boost, I dynoed at 300rwhp consistently. That was with my 35” tires, 6” lift, Kooks 1 7/8” long tube headers, S&B cold air intake, Air Raid intake spacer, and custom tune with an HP tuners PCM and TCM. Exhaust is a 3” Y pipe with no Cats, going into a single Mangaflow muffler, and dual stock pipes out the back no resonators.

Boost build is as follows:
-ProCharger D1sc Tuner kit
-Stage 1 Comp cams kit with MDS delete
-Custom Surge tank w/ dual DW400 pumps
-DW 1000cc injectors
-upgraded fuel system lines
-MMX drop in 2618 forged piston/rod kit
-Melling 10452 oil pump

The plan is to also swap over to E85. Once everything is installed and tuned we will be getting a final dyno number to see what the overall change is.

Is there anything else I missed that you guys recommend? I’ve been reading up on Throttle bodies too but am unsure if it would make a difference. What about the Fan delete?

As soon as I got the stock internals back, I’ll be posting that info on the cam / lifter quality in another thread.

Thank you in advance for any advice. I’ll try to answer any questions the best I can.
Hoping to be through with the build by the end of the month.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The complete intake including fuel rails and injectors, an EGR block off plate, TB adapter and Hellcat TB.

I believe MMX is the key source for parts on these swaps.

99% of your current kit swaps to the 6.4 intake save what I’ve mentioned above. Also, you need to extend some wiring from rear of 5.7 intake to the front of the 6.4 intake.

Get her (re)tuned and enjoy a solid 15-30 RWHP and 15-20 RWTQ.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Thank you! I’ll look into getting a different set of injectors. Hopefully the company I bought mine from will let me exchange as they cost me 700$.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This isn’t engine related, but upgrading the rear control arms is a good idea. They can get pretty serious wheel hop, especially when you start adding 200whp.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
This isn’t engine related, but upgrading the rear control arms is a good idea. They can get pretty serious wheel hop, especially when you start adding 200whp.
Thanks for the suggestion! I’m actually running Fox 2.5 series piggyback shocks in the rear along with core4x4’s tier 4 control arms, end links and panhard bar With a hellwig sway bar. Should be all set there!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Unless you're planning on tapping into your valve covers or springing for a set of Hellcat or aftermarket valve covers,i'd avoid the 6.4 manifold in your case.There's no external provision for a catch can with the 6.4 manifold,and you'll definitely want some sort of catch can set-up with boost,probably something along the lines of what Tach Tech is running on his whipple boosted truck,the Mighty Mouse set-up.You'd probably be as far ahead with one of MMX's ported 5.7 intakes,as it'll allow you to keep a catch can set-up,and there won't be a big enough hp difference between the 5.7 and 6.4 manifolds to justify the head-aches involved on a boosted set-up.By the sounds of it,it's not going to be an all out dragstrip toy,as much as it'll be a daily driver with enough power to be a sleeper,so the 6.4 manifold might be a bit overkill.A bigger throttle body in your case wouldn't hurt,lots of guys are going to the Hellcat throttle body and using MMX's adapter to make it fit .You'll probably want a little more exhaust though,as the stock 2.25" tailpipes and single 3" pipe ahead of them might be a bit of a choke point,in your case a set of 3" true duals will probably work good.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Unless you're planning on tapping into your valve covers or springing for a set of Hellcat or aftermarket valve covers,i'd avoid the 6.4 manifold in your case.There's no external provision for a catch can with the 6.4 manifold,and you'll definitely want some sort of catch can set-up with boost,probably something along the lines of what Tach Tech is running on his whipple boosted truck,the Mighty Mouse set-up.You'd probably be as far ahead with one of MMX's ported 5.7 intakes,as it'll allow you to keep a catch can set-up,and there won't be a big enough hp difference between the 5.7 and 6.4 manifolds to justify the head-aches involved on a boosted set-up.By the sounds of it,it's not going to be an all out dragstrip toy,as much as it'll be a daily driver with enough power to be a sleeper,so the 6.4 manifold might be a bit overkill.A bigger throttle body in your case wouldn't hurt,lots of guys are going to the Hellcat throttle body and using MMX's adapter to make it fit .You'll probably want a little more exhaust though,as the stock 2.25" tailpipes and single 3" pipe ahead of them might be a bit of a choke point,in your case a set of 3" true duals will probably work good.
Oh perfect, thank you! I currently just have some regular billet catch can I got off of amazon, will that be good enough or do you advise I get a brand name one?

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Did you upgrade yours? If so, how's the difference feel? I'm thinking I'm gonna need them & pretty sure I'm starting to feel the bushings flex more.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
What's your RWHP goal? 500-ish? I'd be interested in seeing how your dual fuel pump setup goes, take pictures! I wish I'd have pulled my motor when I did my setup and replaced the pistons, you'll be able to run a bit more boost than I can.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
What's your RWHP goal? 500-ish? I'd be interested in seeing how your dual fuel pump setup goes, take pictures! I wish I'd have pulled my motor when I did my setup and replaced the pistons, you'll be able to run a bit more boost than I can.
Will do! I’m documenting as much as I can. The shop is a little ambitious at wanting to aim for 700 but realistically, we are wanting about 600 at most.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Oh perfect, thank you! I currently just have some regular billet catch can I got off of amazon, will that be good enough or do you advise I get a brand name one?

What size are the hoses? If their just 3/8 they’ll be to small. I had the moroso can with my whipple and it would fill the cam in less than 500km. It just couldn’t support the extra flow and crankcase pressure.

Ive since switched to a Mighty Mouse setup with a bigger can and bigger hoses. Now I don’t even think about emptying it till 1000km and even then I maybe get a couple tablespoons out of it.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you upgrade yours? If so, how's the difference feel? I'm thinking I'm gonna need them & pretty sure I'm starting to feel the bushings flex more.

I haven’t done it to mine yet but it’s on the list of things to do.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
I did upgrade my rear end. Even before the engine upgrade, I loved how much more control I have.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Here is my take on your supporting mods for the buck.

Drop in pistons and rods (this is the absolute must for boost on these trucks) I would do stock compression or a touch higher. Gives you the ability to play with the cam size. The cam can bleed off some of the static higher compression.
Head studs (a bit aggressive but your heads won't lift under pressure)
Cam springs retainers etc
Dualhat fuel pump is excessive unless you're going for 700whp+
Boost a pump is enough for 500whp with injectors of course.
Make sure you get a nice air/air or water/air intercooler
Full 3" exhaust.

I would shy away from a lot of the other bolt-on stuff do to diminishing gains.

Etc ported heads. Say gives you 30-40whp with no other charges at a cost of $1600ish ball park

Or

Smaller pulley on the supercharger and you'll get that same 30-40whp for $200-300 whatever smaller pulleys cost. You get the idea.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Will do! I’m documenting as much as I can. The shop is a little ambitious at wanting to aim for 700 but realistically, we are wanting about 600 at most.
600 wheel?

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Cool! Good luck, I'm at about 500 and would need to do engine internals to push it any more, should be fun to track your progress.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Anyone know if the mechanical fan to v6 fan swap would be worth it? Would I still be able to keep cool even though I’m running a supercharged setup?