Procharging the 5.7 classic 2 Dr.8’bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 19 classic work truck build date 5/19.I told my shop I wanted to boost my truck but without the usual headers and loud exhaust that will only aggravate my other half. Should of been easy given the amount of money they put into advertising at ram owners,but I found out I’m obviously the first 19 classic since they have to design one on a classic so it will fit. Has anyone done the unlock swap? Diablo won’t do it unless you purchase their I.3 handheld which isn’t needed since you get one with the HO kit. My main goal is pulling this off in one day because of logistics. It will be baselined on his mustang Dyno so I will follow up if there’s any interest.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There is nothing special about the 19 classic that would change the fitment of a pro charger/whipple/magnusson etc. Any kit designed for a 18,17,16 etc will work. The only difference being tuning with addition of the security gateway in 2018.

Your PCM will have to be unlocked to be tuned. I would recommend purchasing a second PCM and leaving your factory PCM as is.

Are you set on using procharger? Have you looked into other super chargers to ensure that’s what you want?

OP
OP
D

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
image.jpg Followed the advice and ordered a unlocked pcm worked alongside my corvette builder and got over 400 on his mustang Dyno unfortunately the trans is now the problem with its uncontrollable 6 to 2nd kick downs,but getting the trans unlocked will have to wait.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks good!!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
View attachment 200348Unfortunately the trans is now the problem with its uncontrollable 6 to 2nd kick downs,but getting the trans unlocked will have to wait.

If your tuner knows anything about Hemis, the trans tuning is available at a relatively low price. If your guy can't do it, give Jay Greene a holler. He'll hook you right up.

You're welcome. :)