Production Halted!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shredder

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7, SRW, 8ft. Bed, Load Leveling, Night Edition, Sunroof, 50 gal. tank, CP3, Tonneau Cover,
Hey, I have a 3500 on order and it was supposed to be shipping 11/21 but I got a call from my dealer Friday that all production has been halted on all HD trucks and he did not have an explanation. Has anyone heard anything about this and possibly when production will resume? Thanks, any info would be helpful.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Interesting, if true. If so, is it for gassers as well as the Cummins?

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That would be very frustrating for sure. Let's hope it's not true.

Red

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All the plants were scheduled to work through the traditional Summer shutdown.

A brief shutdown occured in March of this year to work through some COVID concerns and work practices with the UAW.

The Windsor plant was shut down for all of October and will also be down for a week later this month.

There was no news that I could find about a current or planned shutdown that affects truck production.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey, I have a 3500 on order and it was supposed to be shipping 11/21 but I got a call from my dealer Friday that all production has been halted on all HD trucks and he did not have an explanation. Has anyone heard anything about this and possibly when production will resume? Thanks, any info would be helpful.

We would be happy to look into the status of your vehicle order for you, @shredder. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN/VON at any time!

Kathryn
RamCares

Flyboy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Mine was apparently built back in Sept. Have yet to take delivery. Was scheduled for Oct. Have a working case number at present which says now to next 8 days; highly doubting that timeframe.

BigBootyJudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I have a 2021 3500 DRW that I ordered back in Sept 29th. I was also told it was on hold due to El Paso being shut down? My dealer said it was D1 in production but that's all he could tell. I figure mine is the last one ready to come off the line. They were just waiting to put the 4x4 sticker on and then it shut down production.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Just did some Searching on the Interwebs and could find nothing about Ram production shutdowns in Mexico. I did find several articles on COVID issues at the Sterling Heights plant and at FCA's Sterling Stamping Plant, as well as at FCA's Tipton, Indiana, transmission plant and there have been issues at GM’s Silao Complex in Guanajuato, Mexico, as well as FCA’s Belvidere Assembly in northern Illinois. And its all covid related.

z0n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi with Etorque
No issues with my ordered 2021 Laramie. Still moving along as it should.

Slotback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP: I hope that this is ultimately a false alarm for you. Good luck.

BigBootyJudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
No issues with my ordered 2021 Laramie. Still moving along as it should.

That is useless without knowing what model you are following, trim level does not matter. I believe the 3500's are stopped in Mexico. Now I don't know if it is a shipping issue at the border or the plant but my 21 3500 drw is just sitting in "production" status. Ordered 9/28

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is useless without knowing what model you are following, trim level does not matter. I believe the 3500's are stopped in Mexico. Now I don't know if it is a shipping issue at the border or the plant but my 21 3500 drw is just sitting in "production" status. Ordered 9/28
That sucks

Scooterpilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO DIESEL
I ordered a Bighorn 3500 HO on 11 10 2020. On 11 13 2020 the dealer contacted me and provided me with the VIN# and a ship date of 23 December. Based on this information, the plant in Mexico has not been affected and production is up and running.