Program Fobik Key? Chrysler instructions make no sense.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alabamabob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am trying to reprogram a Ram 1500
Fobik key that is not reading properly (truck no longer recognizes it in the WIN module). However, the instructions say to push the panic button as part of the process with the key in the ignition. The panic button is at the top of the Fobik, and that part is inside the ignition. How am I supposed to press that button if it is inside the dash?

“Next, here are the steps for reprogramming the FOBIK key fob. You will need one working FOBIK (usually your original spare key) and another FOBIK that you want to program.

1. Get in your Dodge Ram's driver's seat with both key fobs and close all the doors.
  2. Insert the working FOBIK into the Wireless Ignition Node (WIN) and turn the key to the "ON" position. Don't start the engine.
  3. Once the chimes in your truck stop, press and hold the "Unlock" button on your key fob for 10 seconds before releasing.
  4. In a fluid sequence, release the "Unlock" button, then press and release the "Panic" key.
  5. Once a chime goes off, press the button(s) on the second FOBIK that you need to reprogram.
  6. Turn your ignition off to end the programming mode.
  7. Exit your Dodge Ram, close all doors, and test your newly-reprogrammed key fob.”3D412A44-BC2A-4581-B8B6-FCDDCDB80DD9.jpeg

OP
OP
A

alabamabob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just don't understand why Dodge had these instructions listed if that is the case.