Program key fob to WIN module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliBear490

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 Ram 1500 4.7, has a bad ignition switch (ruled out all other possibilities) and a buddy of mine is parting out a 2012 ram so I’m trying to see if I can take his ignition switch and use it in my truck.

My question is, he doesn’t have the key fob anymore, so is there any way I can program my key fobs to the replacement ignition switch without going to the dealership or locksmith? I plugged in his ignition switch and it says “wrong key” when I attempt to start the truck with my key.

I’ve watched YouTube videos where people program brand new keys but you need a “working key” to do that, and that’s not possible if there is no working key programmed with this replacement switch. My question is, what are my options, if any, to avoid the dealership and pricey cost.

OP
OP
C

CaliBear490

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
tomskey says you can, don't know if dealer costs that much less..

That’s the one you need a working key with, in my case, I wouldn’t have a working key since none of my keys are programmed to the replacement ignition switch.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only way to do this is with a scantool or locksmith ect for example my $3000 matco maximus is able to do this. I dont know if alfaobd can do it? I replaced win moduels in a few 4th gens. You also need the pin code from the truck to program keys there is a app to do this for android cost about $20.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
many mobile locksmiths now carry new FOBS & they have a programmer in their vans

maybe ask them if they can pull the PIN # using the programmer

I paid a locksmith #145.98 for them to program a new FOB that they supplied & they even cut me a new Valet Key