Project "Cedar" 95 V10 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Thanks. We thought we would be further along, but work has slowed us up. It will be a huge step to get it sprayed this week. I've also decided to matte clear coat it after the Raptor cures. I just don't think Raptor has enough UV protectant.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome project! Sorry to hear about the cedar tree takinging out your cab....

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Finally WE HAVE COLOR! Prepped the Door Jams and sprayed Raptor yesterday. Drying it first to be able to shut the doors to spray the cab and bed next.Door Jams Raptor.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This is the first time that i have seen this conversation
I wish that i had caught it before you put the dash back in

With all things that you have done to make your Dodge so close to perfect.
Did you recondition you Climate Control System with all new doors, condenser & heater ?

Video explaining your climate control system

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
This is the first time that i have seen this conversation
I wish that i had caught it before you put the dash back in

With all things that you have done to make your Dodge so close to perfect.
Did you recondition you Climate Control System with all new doors, condenser & heater ?

Video explaining your climate control system

His is not a 3rd Gen the 2nd gens did not have that issue.

Unless you were just asking of he checked out the workings in general.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Very neat project. Was a real good read and all thequality pictures were nice to see. That is going to be a great truck when you are done. I love the V10s.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
GTyankee, I haven't made it to the dash at this point. I'm getting the exterior finished first, so the shop can be freed up from the truck being in the way. I'll be replacing the heater core and evap core when I disassemble the whole dash. The V10 harness will have to be run at this point also. Here are a few pics of the sprayed cab. Trying to decide on either a matte clear or semi gloss clear.Cab Raptor Side View.jpgCab Raptor Side View 2.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
We finished up the bed, rear bumper and tailgate with Raptor. Bought the matte clear from our local auto paint dealerTruck Bed Raptor.jpgTailgate and Bumper Raptor.jpg.....that stuff is expensive! I've searched the internet and haven't found any clear answer or anyone that has cleared over Raptor. I've seen plenty of sprayed trucks and bed liners that are really faded after a year or so. I guess I'll be the guinea pig......

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
While the bed is still off the truck, I'm running 1/0 power and ground from the front to the rear. Loomed for protection. This will be used for any rear winch applications on the truck or a trailer. Also running loomed cable for the rear offroad lights and rear back up camera. The lights will be flushed into the rear bumper, and the camera will be mounted into the tailgate handle. Hooking up trailers will be a lot easier, especially if I'm solo.Power and Ground.jpgWire Loomed.jpgRear Camera.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
A lot of progress has occurred over the last week. Here are some pics of the different stages. This is the clear being sprayed on the cab, bed, and rear bumper. We also sprayed the grill and tow mirrors.Clear coat.jpgClear Grill.jpgClear Mirrors.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
We got the bed back on and replaced the door handles with new hardware. The door seals were also installed. New window seals will be installed next. Sprayed and cleared the tag mount and replaced the license bulbs with new leds. The bumper step pads will be sprayed with the black raptor. The 3rd brake light was also replaced with a new led unit.Beds On.jpgRear Bumper.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
I also got the rear hitch installed in the last photo, and ran the tail light harness. Waiting on new tail lights. I found a trim restore to try called Cerakote. I got the rear fender liners installed and here are the before and after shots after using the Cerakote. Time will tell if it holds up.Dirty Liner.jpgFender Liner.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Prepped the underside of the hood and applied Dynamat Hoodliner. It's a combination sound deadener and heat shield. I'll also be adding an underhood led strip light once we start running electrical. We were able to get the window gaskets in and also finished up on clearing the front bumper and front grill.Hoodliner.jpgFront Bumper.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
The tailgate got installed and new tail lights with brighter leds. The bumper caps turned out looking real good in black. We also installed the hood, grill, and front bumper. I'll be working on the Warn winch mount for the front soon, as it is chrome. It will be sanded, prepped, and Raptor lined in black to offset the grey. The side nerf bar steps I have are also chrome, so I'll do those also in the black.Tailgate and Tail Lights.jpgFront Bumper and Grill.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
A lot of work but it is coming along beautifully.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Thanks Dean2. I have a new respect for anyone in the Bodywork/Paint business! I don't want to even think about how many hours I have in the sanding and prepping on the truck!

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Working on the second phase of the sound deadening process with Kilmat over the Spectrum. Here are a few shots of the rear panel, doors and roof. The doors will be totally encapsulated once the sound system begins. Waiting on more Kilmat to finish out the floor also. I'm starting the cleaning up of the wiring harness today. Removing old relays, fuses, from past accessories. We're going to take out the front windshield also, as it needs replacing, to help with the dash removal......dreading how delicate it is.Back Wall.jpgDoor panel.jpgCeiling.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Cleaning up the V10 Wiring harness. Removing old CB, CB Kicker, Stereo, lights, etc. from the harness and soldering back with heat shrink. Removed the donor dash. It is just ridiculous how brittle this is! Dodge gets an F on this plastic! My buddy and I are fixing to get very creative in putting it back together with the V10 harness. Looking at CA glue with activator, cloth fiberglass, wire mesh with Great Stuff Pro, kitchen sink....If I hadn't purchased the LMC Dash, we would already be fabricating a custom dash from scratch. We still may! Stay tuned...Solder Harness.jpgDash Out.jpg

Matt Bell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great. I was thinking of applying a liner to my bumper, did it stick well to the chrome?