Project "Cedar" 95 V10 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Matt, I used a disc on the chrome to get it off. We then primed it. The Raptor was sprayed and its holding up extremely well. Time will tell, but I think it's all in the prep work.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
We pulled the HVAC Unit out, and started the restoration of all the internals. New Heater core, Evap Core and blower motor were installed. All the crumbling foam on the blend doors were removed and new foam installed. The doors seal perfectly, and all the vacuum lines work as they should now. HVAC.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
That truck is going to be way better than it was brand new. Have really enjoyed following this build.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Here are a few shots of the HVAC unit installed back in the truck. The High Temp. Silicone heater hoses were run from the core also. They're a little bright, so I may black sleeve them.HVAC Back In.jpgHeater Hose.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Well the HVAC unit had to come back out. The Silicone heater hose wouldn't bend correctly because the V10 motor is so big and tight against the firewall where the hoses come out. We found 2 right angle hoses that would work. Just an FYI for anyone doing this with a V10. It was a beast getting them in. The V8 harness is out and the V10 harness is in. Put a fresh coat of paint on the fan shroud.Right angle hoses.jpgFan Shroud.jpgMotor 1.jpg Bolted the radiator and hoses in, and running distilled water through it to check for leaks. Computer and all the vacuum hoses are in. The new dash top is on and in the truck. Cracks everywhere you touch it! Other than the dash ******* us off, we are hoping to fire it up tonight!

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Well after working on this project for almost 2 years.....This baby fired up on the first twist of the ignition! My buddy and I were waiting for the air bag to blast like a bomb, ha ha. Guys this truck runs better then the day I bought it. Couldn't believe it. I know this has been a long thread in the Interior section, but I hope it's brought some value for the next guy attempting this. I'll continue to post, as there is still quite a bit left to finish.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I am still really enjoying this thread. Thanks for continuing to post the progress.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Just a quick update... The new headlights are in, and the power tow mirrors were installed. Installing the led under hood light this afternoon, and cutting out the floor for the transfer case shifter.Lights and Mirrors.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Here's a little progress inside the truck. 2wd to 4wd with the help of a drill and air saw. Hooked up the transfer case linkage and it shifts smooth. Next step is running the 1/0 power, door speaker wire and rca's along the floor for the stereo system. This will keep everything in place under the final floor Kilmat install.2wd cutout.jpg4wd shifter.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
I finished up the Kilmat on the floor, and ran the RCAs and front door's speaker wire. I used a thermal blanket for the floor also. The ceiling will get the same heat shield before the headliner is installed. The carpet and back wall fixture got installed also. We took apart the seat frames to restore, before the seats go back in. I'll have some before and after pics to come...Kilmat Floor.jpgThermal Blanket.jpgCarpet.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Restored the seat frames, and greased all moving hardware. Worked on the Center Console. It bolted together after a few modifications. Having a real set of cupholders and usb power in the console is going to be great. I also was able to strip the headliner, and we recovered in Light Slate headliner material. Hopefully we can get it installed with the seats this week.Seat Hardware.jpgCenter Console.jpgHeadliner Stripped.jpgHeadliner Covered.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
We're at a stage of trying to get the interior back in the truck. I cleaned all the plastic trim, seat belt brackets, grab handles, overhead console, and the door panels. They were then sprayed with Colorbond LVP Light Mist Gray and Dark Mist Gray. We got the headliner and the seats installed. The visors are pretty rough and dirty, so I'm going to have to reupholster them. Sprayed Panel.jpgHeadliner Installed.jpgSeats Installed.jpg

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
We took a little break off from the truck for other projects, but I'm back trying to get it finished. We got the seats in and realized the power up/down 3rd motor had a gear that had literally deteriorated, and the spline was jamming up. $100 bucks later from Geno's Garage, another is on the way. I did finish up the driver's side door panel, and got the Boston Acoustic Pro series mids and highs installed. I'm replacing the original grill cloth in the doors before installing the panel back.Door speakers.jpg

Mopar~Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The spectrum second-skin sound deadening coating - how well does it work as a rust-preventing undercoating?

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Mopar Man, I wouldn't use Spectrum as an undercoat/rust preventer. My truck had such little surface rust, that I used a wire brush and Rust Reformer. Depending on the severity of your application, POR 15 is in my opinion about the best.

OP
OP
S

slickice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Finished up the drivers side door panel. I removed the old brittle speaker grill fabric and hot glued in the new grey fabric. Replaced all the plastic door mount pins with new ones. It sits tight and flush now. I also finished up polishing the aluminum wheels. Here is a before and after shot. I wanted to keep the old school look, and added new center caps and lug nuts. I'm now thinking about leaving off the nerf bars and fabricating in a set of power steps. Finished Door Panel.jpgUnpolished Wheel.jpgPolished Wheel.jpgSide shot polished.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
That is coming along excellent. I love those older truck so to see one brought back to BETTER than new is great.