Project truck - where's the horn fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeamKDRT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a project truck for the island's disaster response team (and my DD). It's paid for, being resto-modded, etc. but sometimes the most minor (?) things are so irritating. Where is the horn fuse on a '97 1500? I've looked at the actual horns, and tried to replace them, but what shows in the catalogs is NOT what is on there; these have a pin connector, while the catalogs show only blade connectors for this truck's horns. On top of that, both would not go out at once (methinks). So...I go to check out the circuit...and cannot find that there is a fuse for the horn - anywhere, on the block diagram, in the Chilton's - anywhere. I've got support at the local NAPA, but they don't have any ideas. Anyone here stop laughing yet to let me know this valuable bit of info?

EDIT: I'd been thinking about just putting on an after-market LOUD horn, considering what the truck's being repurposed for. I'd still like to figure this out, though. Thx.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeamKDRT

TeamKDRT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did some circuit tracing and find that, unless I want to restore the truck to OEM (I don't...it's gonna be a disaster response vehicle), it'll cost a bunch to replace all the elements of that circuit chain just to get a functional horn...which had become a serious consideration as the truck has to pass safety check to continue. SO...I'm going to get an add-on air horn (with it's own compressor and reservoir) and just run the wire to a button on the steering wheel...I've got flexy coil stock for that. So, in the words of the immortal and iconic Roseanne Roseanadana...Never Mind! :cool: