Proper drive shaft grease?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
I'm new to the Mopar stuff and picked up a 1994 1500 5.9L auto 2WD long bed with a bad carrier bearing, or center support bearing. The truck is visually rough, but mechanically great.

It seems like a lot of the failed bearings get cut off from what I've seen, and that's mostly how mine went. I did get the inner race off in one piece though. I've got everything cleaned up and ready to put the new stuff on. I just wanted to make sure I get the correct grease, if it really matters, for the splined section (under the boot) of the drive shaft. Most of my searches show results for universal joint greasing issues, which sounds like an absolute nightmare, so that prompted me to ask the question.

Any suggestions on the right, or best, grease to use for this application? Thanks.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A good marine grease should work well also as they resist washout and still lube with water intrusion.

OP
OP
michaelocalypse

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
Thanks, dudes. There should be plenty of places around to get marine grease. If not, I'll grab the Mobil XTC.

Reactions: Mop