Proud Newer Owner of 2006 5.9 3500 SW with some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 MegaCab 3500
Engine
5.9 diesel
I had the truck for about a little over year now, I bought it from a second owner and I am the third.
it has 179k when I test drove it, it drove good no issues. its 2006 ram 3500 SLT 2 wheel drive, it seems to be the basic truck, it has basic interior

a month after I bought it, the AC went out, I fixed all the exterior issues, compressor, accumulator lines, filter ect, all good there. but then I had to remove the entire dash and fix all door actuators for the vents, and I bought the expensive aluminum vent doors so I installed it works better, however the winter kicked and the heater works on driver side, but passenger side is colder air, and vise versa in the summer like if I had dual control but I don't, any recommendations, ideas , fixes anyone ever done it themselves?

about 4 months later I was towing my 24ft enclosed trailer and in the middle of the highway, all of the sudden all the lights in the dashboard turned on for like 3 or 4 seconds then it went away. I was worried but made it to my destination. ever since every once in a while it does it again, has anyone had this issue or any ideas what it could be?

now I RPM stopped working, I looked on line how to fix it, and I did, but is out again, does anyone know of a shop or someone fixes the dash,

How hard is it to convert 2wd to 4wd? am I better off trading it in for a 4 wheel drive?

all your help will be greatly appreciated.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
To answer your last question: better off trading for a 4wd rather than trying to convert a 2wd to 4wd.

If your not going to trade or want to fix you issues before trading, electrical issues are a major pain to find and fix. Start by look/testing/cleaning all ground connections, and all battery connections, clean any corrosion off and make sure you have good contact. Load test both batteries (assuming a dual battery like mine). If either battery is bad, change them both.

Mike

OP
OP
Luis Mac

Luis Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 MegaCab 3500
Engine
5.9 diesel
To answer your last question: better off trading for a 4wd rather than trying to convert a 2wd to 4wd.

If your not going to trade or want to fix you issues before trading, electrical issues are a major pain to find and fix. Start by look/testing/cleaning all ground connections, and all battery connections, clean any corrosion off and make sure you have good contact. Load test both batteries (assuming a dual battery like mine). If either battery is bad, change them both.

Mike

thanks for the input, I just replaced both batteries so I know they are good, I will keep searching for the issue. thanks