Public Service Announcement: Seat your fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Every fuse in my fuse box was inserted to the point of making contact but none were fully seated. In talking to my salesman this is a common problem with Jeep/Ram. The only reason I discovered this was because I needed to do a reset on the radio to get CarPlay to reconnect.

They probably would have stayed connected for a long time as they were. Or they could come loose with heavy rough road use. Either way, smart money is on taking 2 minutes to push them in. I wonder how many electrical gremlins/warranty calls have been because of this? Not something I would go looking for myself.

OP
OP
Overlander

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Report back, I'm curious if it's that way with others too. It's not like you touch them and they fall right out. But on mine you could still push them down another half of the blade length. I could definitely see where vibrations and thermal cycling could cause problems down the road.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes Sir, hand the same thing, found it several years ago when doing some light wiring removal from previous owner that had no idea had to run in-line fuse’s and toggle’s. I thought who in the hell has been messing with my truck.? They were all kinda not fully seated, definitely assembly line issue.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m certain that your salesman will get right on it ! This has been an issue for more then a decade. Well documented on multiple fronts, however it’s good for their business, lots of repeat customers.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you guys miss the TBS about seating the fuses to deep? Apparently if they are pushed all the way in it can cause some major electrical issues of some sort.....just kidding. I just checked my 2020 PW and only the larger fuses were just slightly off fully seated. for the heck of it I tried pulling one out that I fully seated vs how they came and took the same effort to pull out so makes me wonder if there would ever be an issue.