Public Service Announcement: Seat your fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4ready

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not to bump and old thread but this might be useful for someone. If you have a sudden loss of engine power & electrical power and no lights on the dashboard, no lock/unlock / remote doesn't work; its worth checking the PDC (power distribution center). On a 5th gen 2500/3500 its in front of the driver side battery.

I recently saw this scenario and the truck had to be towed (neutral override) back to RAM. It ended up being the top left part of the fuse box where the positive cable terminal bolts down.

Once it was tightened, everything came back on. We checked all the fuse at the time but skipped the main circuit.

PDC.png

Last edited:

Sol-Invictus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Still are not seating them on the 2023s under the hood or under the steering wheel.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Yes Sir. Bought a used 2022 and blew a 10 amp. Went to replace that one and realized that the whole lot of fuses (all variety) were not seated fully. Pushed them in.

So, confirmation that this also was found on my truck.

CStrain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
My 2014 2500 cummins had the opposite effect of seating the fuses. I had some turbo check engine light problems and while checking the recommended fuse. Noticed that most of my fuses were not seated/loose. So I seated about 10 of them in the area of fuse I was looking at. Went to drive it after seating the fuses and the truck wouldnt start. All the sudden when going to start it, the screen tells me to push in my clutch peddle to start it. My truck is an Automatic transmission so thought that odd. pressed the brake peddle like ussual and had errors for airbags, brake sytem, radio wouldnt work and a few other errors. Went back and loosen the fuses I had just touched and everything back to normal. Anyone ever see this?

Fselrahc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2022's aren't seated fully. Sounds like this is absolutely the norm. I find it hard to believe that it is a defect that has carried on for many years and across all models. The fuses are securely in place and are all at exactly the same height. I will leave them be, if an electrical anomaly appears, I'll start there.