Pulled The Trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went the bank this morning and wired $$ on 2016 Crew Cab Sport in Delmonico Red. Pretty pleased with my purchase.. 30k miles, new rubber, 1 owner, with nice options..heated seats, power folding mirrors etc but one thing I wanted was the 3:92. I pull a trailer at times and they sure make it nice.

Now the wait.. should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I don't see many mods in my future which isn't normal for me but it pretty much has most of the things I'd want anyway. May add some running boards. and a leveling kit.,, open to opinions on those.

One thing I do want to check into is updating the 8.4 uconnect. I put the vin in and there is a update available (2018). I haven't read into it much and have only searched this site a little.. anybody know what it's about? I'd love to be able to run android through it but I don't know if that's an option.

Thanks!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
congrats on the new truck.

You will not be able to run android auto on your 8.4 radio. You would have to swap out the radio and media hub from a newer truck and that is rather costly.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
congrats! now save your money for all the mods you're going to be doing.

OP
OP
Dantra

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Guys.. Too bad that the current 8.4 wont do Android.. And I wont spend the $$ to buy a new unit. Well, I say that now lol. I had an aftermarket 10" Android in my wrangler that I was pleased with and had the ability to run off my phones Hot Spot. Kinda spoiled me having Google Maps, Spotify etc right in the radio

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Guys.. Too bad that the current 8.4 wont do Android.. And I wont spend the $$ to buy a new unit. Well, I say that now lol. I had an aftermarket 10" Android in my wrangler that I was pleased with and had the ability to run off my phones Hot Spot. Kinda spoiled me having Google Maps, Spotify etc right in the radio
Congrats on the new toy!

OP
OP
Dantra

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And this is what I jumped out of after a few years of bouncing around. Had a 11 Outdoorsman prior and several other mopar cars and trucks before that. Yep.. Mopar is all up in my veins. You can see our 64 A100 behind the Jeep there. I was jockeying vehicles out of the driveway the other day and it made me laugh to see how small Hoopty looked behind the Jeep. Had to snap a Pic! Anyway, I'm glad to be getting back into something comfortable to drive again. Hoping that damn mod bug doesn't bite! Jeep was bone stock 2 years ago lol

Screenshot_20190820-171936.png

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And this is what I jumped out of after a few years of bouncing around. Had a 11 Outdoorsman prior and several other mopar cars and trucks before that. Yep.. Mopar is all up in my veins. You can see our 64 A100 behind the Jeep there. I was jockeying vehicles out of the driveway the other day and it made me laugh to see how small Hoopty looked behind the Jeep. Had to snap a Pic! Anyway, I'm glad to be getting back into something comfortable to drive again. Hoping that damn mod bug doesn't bite! Jeep was bone stock 2 years ago lol

View attachment 177309
Yeah, bring on the lift and 37’s, it’s in your DNA lol. Great looking ride, congrats

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 177309

You've got good taste!

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are a few shots from the showroom floor.. I have others, but honestly if you've seen one...

View attachment 177304

View attachment 177305
That's a beautiful truck! I'm jealous of the color couldn't find one when buying mine in that color. 16 with 30k barely driven I have 18 bought 1 yr ago and have 23k on it already

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dantra

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You bought the truck sight unseen?
Yup. Have done it like that quite a few times.. After talking with the dealer a few days, you get a feel. Of coarse there's alot of pictures involved as well. This one in particular was bought and traded in to the same dealer and every service performed by the same dealer and the dealer reviews were top notch. My salesman found 2 blemishes and sent pics.. There were 2 tiny spots that had been touched with touch up paint. The underneath of the truck still looks new even... In reality it was really well taken care of, 30k miles and a spotless carfax at a reputable dealer...

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Looks great! Welcome aboard. Tons of great reviews on running boards/nerf bars and leveling kits. Hit up that search bar and you'll get more info than you probably wanted.... :cool: