Pulsar and dealership recalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramangs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 ram 1500 with the pulsar and want to take it in for the pile of recall work that is needed, can i leave the pulsar installed and take to the dealer, if i put the stock setting back in will that work and not have issues thanks
ET

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just had mine in last week for the tailgate and driver restraint firmware upgrade recalls. I just turned mine to setting one and had no issues.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just had mine in last week for the tailgate and driver restraint firmware upgrade recalls. I just turned mine to setting one and had no issues.

Still have to take mine in for the driver restraint flash, good to have confirmation that I don't need to pull the Pulsar before doing so!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of y’all doin this have warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Any of y’all doin this have warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lifetime warranty here. I wouldn't take it in w/ Pulsar installed if I was running any other air intake than I am. The AFE Momentum completely obstructs it from view, particularly so being lifted.

20180919_134017_zpsdgz4sft0.jpg

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can bet you the tech noticed and made comments on your vin within the shop computer

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just took mine in to the dealer for an oil change & driver restraint firmware flash. Left the Pulsar on but set to level 1 / stock. Did not remove the Pedal Commander, just turned it off via Bluetooth (mounted discreetly behind dash). No issues w/ PCM updating process.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To each their own....
I pull my pulsar and pc EVERY time I go to dealer. Takes 5 minutes for peace of mind.
Of Course I swapped obstructing S&B for a vararam for that very reason!!

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Agreed, for maximum peace of mind.... pulling it before a dealer visit would be best but it's reassuring to know that should you choose to leave the Pulsar installed, it will not interfere w/ PCM updates or flag the tech's scanner. I figured the Pedal Commander had a pass-through circuit design as well so I rolled the dice w/ just powering it off, fortunately it was a good hunch.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To each their own....
I pull my pulsar and pc EVERY time I go to dealer. Takes 5 minutes for peace of mind.
Of Course I swapped obstructing S&B for a vararam for that very reason!!

I am confused on your last portion. You put a S&B on or the vararam... Shoot ive taken mine to the dealer a ton of times with the S&B and they dont say anthing

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am confused on your last portion. You put a S&B on or the vararam... Shoot ive taken mine to the dealer a ton of times with the S&B and they dont say anthing

I swapped from S&B to Vararam...much more space to access pulsar! I was refering to accessing the the pulsar to remove it NOT the air system on dealer visits

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swapped from S&B to Vararam...much more space to access pulsar! I was refering to accessing the the pulsar to remove it NOT the air system on dealer visits

Copy.