Pulsar is out for 19-20 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ordered a Edge Pulsar 32454 from Superchips as they finally released for our 5th gen 2500.

They did not dyno'ed it yet but gains and features should be pretty close to the 2015-2018 model.

I wanted a custom tune but am afraid they will not get a tuner out for a while so I settled for the Pulsar.
And it's much cheaper too.

Should arrive 11 March and will keep you guys posted.

Screenshot_20210304-130053_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210305-114830_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210305-114844_Chrome.jpg

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interested

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Nice let us know Alex, I’m buying as soon as it’s support is confirmed on 2021! This is the last thing I need to complete my build... for now.... lol

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
I ordered a Edge Pulsar 32454 from Superchips as they finally released for our 5th gen 2500.

They did not dyno'ed it yet but gains and features should be pretty close to the 2015-2018 model.

I wanted a custom tune but am afraid they will not get a tuner out for a while so I settled for the Pulsar.
And it's much cheaper too.

Should arrive 11 March and will keep you guys posted.

View attachment 240033 View attachment 240034 View attachment 240035
Thanks for the Post Alex. I ordered one today. Can't wait to shut off MDS . With 8 canned tunes available. I'm sure I'll find something in there. That will make me happy. I can remember when that wasn't the case. I'm getting some Tires in the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Breaker Alex

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The suker came in wednesday afternoon.

It took less then 10 minutes to install.
( this includes the walk to the shed, drinking and 1 hand only because of smoking )

It changed the truck behavior, like a lot.
Spinned 15 ft when pulling out of the driveway whith the trailer lol

It's even too sensible at level 8 so I stay at level 6 while towing.

I hope they change that pedal sensitivity.
All the footwork is in the first inch.
The downside is every bump or small accel makes the tranny downshift.

Finally ajusted the tire sizes though, pretty easy too.

And I think the truck gain an inch of lift too!
Great product

OP
OP
Breaker Alex

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Fingers crossed when you roll the dice it seems some have had issues on that piece of electronics...

Yeah I read about that.
None yet but will only know for sure in 10k miles.

My bet is they fixed the quirks, now that the Pulsar platform is 3 years old.

I will also keep the Pulsar up to date and post here if any update is available.

Finger crossed!

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just bought mine today at 11am cst. Chose overnight shipping but doesn’t appear it got sent out today. :(

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really would lie to get one as well. Just so darn chicken to fry up my PCM for a few more HP and throttle response betterments. Plus the extra cost of 91 octane..using 89 now. Please keep us appraised of what you experience. All chat with Pulsar is one sided of course. It would be nice for them to go the extra mile and do something like a full gauantee on your truck if messed up by their unit...and I do not mean just a one year warranty..hey PULSAR..."COME ON MAN" as they say...

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sent the same message content to Edge/Pulsar..doubt if i will live long enuf to hear a reply..lol

OP
OP
Breaker Alex

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I really would lie to get one as well. Just so darn chicken to fry up my PCM for a few more HP and throttle response betterments. Plus the extra cost of 91 octane..using 89 now. Please keep us appraised of what you experience. All chat with Pulsar is one sided of course. It would be nice for them to go the extra mile and do something like a full gauantee on your truck if messed up by their unit...and I do not mean just a one year warranty..hey PULSAR..."COME ON MAN" as they say...

Seems Superchips has the highest response and waranty rate, from what I saw on the internets.
I hope they have my back if **** go south.

And for the octane... well I find the towing setting is the highest I'll go fo normal driving.
Pedal is just way too sensitive in performance mode.
And towing requires normal octane rating.

At towing level, it still is way sportier, better pedal mapping, more power, I think less torque management ( not sure ).

I just wish the performance modewould come with the towing pedal sensitivity to drive in full power.

Let us know what they respond ( if they do respond )