Pulsar is out for 19-20 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do...nobody here is holding there breath on that me thinks !
I wonder where these big companies lose sight of
“being in the other guys shoes”.....somewhere in their profit margin I would guess....if it happened to them I bet things would jump !

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, I got the Pulsar today and installed this evening. Apparently I’m quite a bit dumber than Alex as the install didn’t take too long (once you get it oriented correctly ;) ) but the instructions, IMO, lacked quite a bit. It took me a good bit to figure out how to actually change the settings and get things the way I wanted them. Trial and error and 1/2 hour later and I got it. DEFINITELY more power and throttle response than stock. It’s got balls now!
The downside? My climate controls are messed up. I’ve had this happen before when I installed the Taser on the truck and after setting overnight the controls were back to normal so I’m hopeful this time too.
Make sure you disconnect the negative battery cable before you do anything. Don’t wanna fry your truck.
I’ll post back how it does after a week or so.

OP
OP
Breaker Alex

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, just got back from running the daughter to gma’s and the climate controls are back to normal

Oh good! Glad they came back.

What screen do you have?
( I have the 8.4" ? screen and never had as much as a flicker )

Before the install, I watch some reviews on Youtube, so programmation went easy.
Let's say I'm youtube smart
:insane:

Soooo, what mode you prefer yet?

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What screen do you have?

Before the install, I watch some reviews on Youtube, so programmation went easy.

Breaker Alex, are the videos for the 1500 or 2500? I can only find for the 1500. Curious if its the same set up and operation. I have a Tazer right now and removed it. I dont like it. Looking at this Pulsar or just gonna get the aev deal to change tpms. Not sure what I want to do.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

What screen do you have?

I have the 12” screen.

Honestly? I like the performance mode but I think my favorite is having the MDS turned off every time I start the truck. Man I hated that thing. I do wish it had options for calibration of the TMPS though. That’s the one thing I’d add. I’m running 60 psi in my Falkens and even with the Thuren suspension system it’s still a rough ride. Would love to be able to set the tires at 50 psi and not have lights and warnings.

OP
OP
Breaker Alex

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Breaker Alex, are the videos for the 1500 or 2500? I can only find for the 1500. Curious if its the same set up and operation. I have a Tazer right now and removed it. I dont like it. Looking at this Pulsar or just gonna get the aev deal to change tpms. Not sure what I want to do.

I think they where all 1500 videos ( 2015 to 2018 have the same steering controls )
And I'm still stuck with the low pressure warning ( 35 to 40 PSI, but might test 45 PSI for better MPG )

I have the 12” screen.

Honestly? I like the performance mode but I think my favorite is having the MDS turned off every time I start the truck. Man I hated that thing. I do wish it had options for calibration of the TMPS though. That’s the one thing I’d add. I’m running 60 psi in my Falkens and even with the Thuren suspension system it’s still a rough ride. Would love to be able to set the tires at 50 psi and not have lights and warnings.

No MDS from startup is a godsend. I actually drive the truck without Tow/Haul now.

I'll try performance mode again tomorrow. City driving in that mode is... aggressive.
It doesn't look good when I spin out of a customers driveway or the school lot, lol!

And I'm still stuck with the low pressure warning ( 35 to 40 PSI, but might test 45 PSI for better MPG )

Keep us posted about your screen. Hopefully it was just a kink.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’ve gotta do the chalk test. I’m certain with the ride quality I’m over inflated.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 12” screen.

Hmmm. To me the overinflated tires are more annoying than the dash light. But I have been driving around with it on the dash for 4 years now...I honestly dont even see it anymore.

I am running 35” at3w’s as well. I have found the mid 40’s in the rear and mid to low 50’s up front to be a good all around pressure. I tried lower, but started getting a lot of “floating” and side to side rocking happening that I just couldnt deal with.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hmmm. To me the overinflated tires are more annoying than the dash light. But I have been driving around with it on the dash for 4 years now...I honestly dont even see it anymore.

I am running 35” at3w’s as well. I have found the mid 40’s in the rear and mid to low 50’s up front to be a good all around pressure. I tried lower, but started getting a lot of “floating” and side to side rocking happening that I just couldnt deal with.
This is really helpful info. I appreciate it

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Well, I got the Pulsar today and installed this evening. Apparently I’m quite a bit dumber than Alex as the install didn’t take too long (once you get it oriented correctly ;) ) but the instructions, IMO, lacked quite a bit. It took me a good bit to figure out how to actually change the settings and get things the way I wanted them. Trial and error and 1/2 hour later and I got it. DEFINITELY more power and throttle response than stock. It’s got balls now!
The downside? My climate controls are messed up. I’ve had this happen before when I installed the Taser on the truck and after setting overnight the controls were back to normal so I’m hopeful this time too.
Make sure you disconnect the negative battery cable before you do anything. Don’t wanna fry your truck.
I’ll post back how it does after a week or so.
Glad to hear your Climate Control came back. Did you ever figure out the reason? I received my Pulsar last night . Just a little nervous. I have the 12" Screen, and I'm not a Computer wiz either. I will try to become you tube smart. Before I do the install.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Glad to hear your Climate Control came back. Did you ever figure out the reason? I received my Pulsar last night . Just a little nervous. I have the 12" Screen, and I'm not a Computer wiz either. I will try to become you tube smart. Before I do the install.
Never did find the reason why it does that but from my experience it always seems to come back. Really read the instructions goood and watch as much YouTube vids as you can. It’s worth the effort definitely. Good luck!

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Edge's website says for 19-20 but someone asked that question 17 hours ago.
I'll keep an eye for the answer.
Everything still working okay Alex ? I haven't installed mine yet. My 35's came in. And I'm having them put on next week .

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Never did find the reason why it does that but from my experience it always seems to come back. Really read the instructions goood and watch as much YouTube vids as you can. It’s worth the effort definitely. Good luck!
Everything still okay after the Pulsar install ?

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Yeah I read about that.
None yet but will only know for sure in 10k miles.

My bet is they fixed the quirks, now that the Pulsar platform is 3 years old.

I will also keep the Pulsar up to date and post here if any update is available.

Finger crossed!
They also changed the appearance. Probably so they could recognize the old ones at a glance. When they came back. It sounded like they were frying after normal use. When the owners were listing all of the issues they were having. The fact that they were talking about going from running perfectly well. To having instant Major issues. Thankfully none of them appeared to have any more issues after they took it out. It seemed edge was real good about giving them new ones. I agree with Alex. I would be willing to bet that part of fixing the quirks. Was Beefing up the Electronics.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Yessir! Everything back to normal and running great!
Thank you Sir . I will probably put it on tomorrow. I have a long trip coming up soon. I will take what I need to Remove it . In case I have issues. Hope it goes smooth.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
I disconnected the Battery. Before I installed mine . Now the Temp controls won't sinc, and none of my Cameras can be found. They aren't even on the menu anymore. Not even my Backup Camera. I will get out there in the morning. If it's still like that . I'm taking it back out. I hope I don't have to take it to the dealer to get my Camera's back.