Pulsar is out for 19-20 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Breaker Alex

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Everything still working okay Alex ? I haven't installed mine yet. My 35's came in. And I'm having them put on next week .

Everything is great.
It pulls like a sports truck and I love it.

Give your truck a day, the radio should replace itself ( like @TerrysWagon and another one. Correct me Terry if this is false )

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Everything is great.
It pulls like a sports truck and I love it.

Give your truck a day, the radio should replace itself ( like @TerrysWagon and another one. Correct me Terry if this is false )
You’re absolutely correct. Everything is tip top now. Love this Pulsar. It’s like a new truck!

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I disconnected the Battery. Before I installed mine . Now the Temp controls won't sinc, and none of my Cameras can be found. They aren't even on the menu anymore. Not even my Backup Camera. I will get out there in the morning. If it's still like that . I'm taking it back out. I hope I don't have to take it to the dealer to get my Camera's back.

Did everything come back yet on yours? Don’t get too worked up, I presume this is kind of the norm.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Did everything come back yet on yours? Don’t get too worked up, I presume this is kind of the norm.

It must be the Norm. When I got in it, and started it up. Everything was back to normal. Climate control was fine. My Camera's were back . I checked them. I also checked my four wheel drive and my Axle lock / Unlock . Just to make sure they were unaffected. I didn't want to find out the hard way on that. I have to admit. I was more than a little nervous. I kept trying to remember anything I could have screwed up. But the install was so easy, and Straightforward. There really isn't anything.
The first thing thing I did was turn off the MDS ! Thanks again @TerrysWagon and
@Breaker Alex. for all the help. If that would have happened to me. Without knowing it happened before . I would have probably yanked it out. Without giving it another chance. I'm Old School . I know a little Electrical. Which actually makes it worse. Electrical works, or it doesn't When something is loose. It's intermittent. It's hard for me to get my mind around something that Repairs itself. What I don't know about Computers. Could Fill a Computer ! LOL !

Last edited:

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It must be the Norm. When I got in it, and started it up. Everything was back to normal. Climate control was fine. My Camera's were back . I checked them. I also checked my four wheel drive and my Axle lock / Unlock . Just to make sure they were unaffected. I didn't want to find out the hard way on that. I have to admit. I was more than a little nervous. I kept trying to remember anything I could have screwed up. But the install was so easy, and Straightforward. There really isn't anything.
The first thing thing I did was turn off the MDS ! Thanks again @TerrysWagon and
@Breaker Alex. for all the help. If that would have happened to me. Without knowing it happened before . I would have probably yanked it out. Without giving it another chance. I'm Old School . I know a little Electrical. Which actually makes it worse. Electrical works, or it doesn't When something is loose. It's intermittent. It's hard for me to get my mind around something that Repairs itself. What I don't know about Computers. Could Fill a Computer ! LOL !
Very happy it turned out well for you. Now enjoy!

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished installing mine. Very simple to do. I actually had no electrical hiccups at all. Of course I have the 8" screen and not all the bells and whistles. Gotta say I love having the MDS shut off and its alot snatchier off the line now thats for sure.

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Unrelated but similar... I installed a S&B cold air intake on my 2021 last week which required unhooking the negative. My cameras were off for the day and came back by the morning. Seems like this is totally normal

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Unrelated but similar... I installed a S&B cold air intake on my 2021 last week which required unhooking the negative. My cameras were off for the day and came back by the morning. Seems like this is totally normal
It helps to be aware of this. I will be installing a Light Bar behind the Grill sooner, or later.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Just finished installing mine. Very simple to do. I actually had no electrical hiccups at all. Of course I have the 8" screen and not all the bells and whistles. Gotta say I love having the MDS shut off and its alot snatchier off the line now thats for sure.
The only thing I did with mine so far. Was put it in stock mode with MDS off. It's great ! Which is the big reason I got it. Now if I need / want. I can do a Cam
& Lifter swap, and get rid of the MDS .

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok so I had a weird experience this morning with the Pulsar:
I parked my truck and it was on a slight incline so I put on the parking brake on. When I took it off and drive away I had lost my Performance MDS off mode. I pulled over and installed it back again but that’s kinda odd?????? Anyone?

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Ok so I had a weird experience this morning with the Pulsar:
I parked my truck and it was on a slight incline so I put on the parking brake on. When I took it off and drive away I had lost my Performance MDS off mode. I pulled over and installed it back again but that’s kinda odd?????? Anyone?
That's new to me.

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove the truck this morning. First time in the dark with the Pulsar. I have no back lighting on my interior controls. Dash works. Dimmer doesnt work for dash. No running lights. Headlights, brakes and turn signals work. I find this weird. Cycled the truck a few times with no change. Gonna pull the negative cable again to try that. If not Ill make a call and pull it off. This sux.

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well now that I have light and can see, I had my truck aligned yesterday and the tech must have shut all my switches completely off. Didnt realize the headlight switch when turned completely off turn off backlighting and tail lights. New to me. Feel like an idiot lol. I leave the headlight switch on auto so it didnt even dawn on me. But thats all it was.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Well now that I have light and can see, I had my truck aligned yesterday and the tech must have shut all my switches completely off. Didnt realize the headlight switch when turned completely off turn off backlighting and tail lights. New to me. Feel like an idiot lol. I leave the headlight switch on auto so it didnt even dawn on me. But thats all it was.
I haven't got my Truck completely figured out yet either. There's a lot to learn. I probably would have been in the same Boat. What I do like about our light setup. Is you can turn the switch back one position. And you can turn your Brights on and off yourself. Nice when your out in the middle of nowhere ,and there's light from the side . Your lights stay on bright. But you have to flip them back to auto. When shut the Truck off. Or your lights stay on, and you get a chime when you open the door.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok so I had the same thing happen today that did yesterday with the eco light coming on and the gear selection not showing ( for those that don’t know, when you have MDS off it automatically sets your gear selector at 8 or 6, whatever speed transmission you have - still runs through the gears but that’s a tell to know MDS is off) and I could hear the engine kick down to 4 cylinders. :confused:
I’m actually on hold with Edge Pulsar as I type this. Gonna get this figured out I hope.

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my first non Toyota rig so Im still learning. Hopefully you get it figured out. Mine has been working great except for my ignorance lol. Talking about the MDS, I have my pulsar set to stock with mds off. Every once in a while it does feel like it kicks in and when you hit the pedal it feels like it goes away like normal but Im not having any issues with the eco light turning on or the gear selection not going away. So it could be just me not sure. Definitely post up what Edge has to say, I am curious.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
:emotions34:Finally got off the phone with them. The guy who answered said that the “eco” light coming on is a known thing. Not to worry about it (it does say that in the manual also). He wasn’t sure about the gear selection display going away so he put me on hold and asked a Master Tech. He said that is NOT an issue, that they’ve discovered it does that once in awhile.
Okay......... I’m going to keep an eye and ear out for it for awhile and see just how often this occurs. Not exactly the answer I was wanting but.........

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Terry did you do the update on the Pulsar? There is an update, first thing I did before anything.
No. I sure didn’t. I didn’t buy the plug in. I knew I should have. Good advice. Thanks