Pulsar issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PCM is fried according to dealer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After I installed pulsar on my 2015 ram 1500, it hosed my truck and had to remove it. It through every error message possible. I followed the instructions carefully. I removed it and put back.my com. Truck ran like $hit and had a ton of errors and AC stop working...Yes, all related! Dealer had the truck for week chasing codes and electrical issues. Finally ended up replacing a fried pcm. I returned the pulsar back for refund. I asked to be compensated for my rental car and they completely blew me off. Horrible customer service!! Never buying anything from these guys again. Not worth it! Pedal commander Will do what I need.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did the dealership find any evidence or suspect that a tuner was the cause?
Also curious if Edge confirmed your Pulsar was bad?

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the dealership find any evidence or suspect that a tuner was the cause?
Also curious if Edge confirmed your Pulsar was bad?

Great questions - I was just looking at Pulsar last night

sheets7777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sure you didn't leave the ground wire off when reinstalling the pcm.

Gordon S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I installed the Pulsar I had the same issue with throwing codes. I did not realize the lock for one of the cables to the PCM broke and the cable was not fully seated.
Pushed the lock up into place with a screwdriver and it seated fully. Restarted and now no issues, no codes and works great.
No damage to the PCM
Now replacing the cable lock.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a pulsar used. Going to install it on my 2019 all new Ram 1500 hemi. The unit came off a 2019 all new Ram 1500 hemi. Hopefully, I will have good things to report after I install it. I have worked on cars for the past 20+ years. Everything from rebuilding engines, rebuilding transmissions, body repair, you name it. I also had a Cadillac phase that lasted about 5 years. Almost everyday I worked on one of my Cadillacs. From body control modules, seat computers, ect....el33.jpg