Pulsar Tuner for 6.4 is available-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
HOLD UP!

some funky stuff happened just now.

pulled up onto a curb and parked level on some grass next to the road.
inflated FRONT tires from 40PSI warm to 48PSI....cold they were at 38PSI. (wanted to test out some higher pressures for handling and fuel economy)

Pulled off the curb, and the shifter was limiting the gears in 2nd, so AS i was accelerating(Moderately) I hit the + until it was set at 6th.

about 3500RPM in 2nd, with the gear select now on 6th, going over 25MPH....THE TRUCK LOCKED THE FRONT TIRES AND BROUGHT ME TO A STANDSTILL! IN THE MIDDLE OF ACTIVE DIXIE HIGHWAY!

released the gas pedal, and truck reverted to a higher gear and i carried on. now wet. and now flooring it so traffic didnt pile up on me.

Cant say why this happened. Maybe because after filling the tires, it was only 25 seconds or so until i was back in the truck slowly dropping one tire off the curb at a time.
Maybe the diameter and revolutions of the tires are measured constantly. New tire height messed with the ABS or PULSAR. It always takes a few minutes for TPMS to update.
Maybe the Pulsar couldnt translate the new data fast enough to the PCM, and the Pulsar corrupted some data.
Maybe the ABS or traction control thought something was out of line, with tire pressures changing drastically(like always)

i have filled my tires like this many times, and i have floored it in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lockout to redline, and other then power being pulled, it never applied brakes UNTIL THE TRUCK WAS STOPPED completely.

in the moment, it felt like nothing was going to get the truck rolling again.
it felt like a very strong emergency stop, not ABS taking its time.

I heard alot of Gear/Transmission noises. Its driving fine now, and no other issues persist.
Not Fun

Any idea what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure what happened here.

My guess is the Truck was analyzing a new tire height, while accelerating/shifting/with minimal body roll.
The ABS or traction control system must have had some kind of error.

OR

the chipset in the Pulsar is adequate but not perfect, and there was a error with the conditions of data coming through. there was easily a half inch+ difference in tire height after the fill, and i only got maybe 100 feet before this happened.

Can anyone confirm that the Ratio of Tire revs to Gear revs is relevant on a Front to Rear Bias?
as it relates to ABS/Traction control?

Transmission seems ok. Maybe i notice a tad bit more clunk. Im just going to get ready to rebuild it.
not confidence inspiring

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
truck running smooth and no other issues. When the weather is cool with high oxygen and low humidity, the **** will pull like crazy. The seat of pants power increase is as such, that you wont doubt a valuable HP increase. Reliability, fuel mileage, practicality aside, if your looking for mid range power, this is the low cost trick for sure.

my guess is the ABS or traction control system faulted

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
So the issue I’m having is with MDS off. It’s basically not working. It’s not just that I’m seeing the ECO light, it’s actually engaging, I can hear and feel it. Same as it was stock. Called edge and they said it has to kick in for a second to trick the PCM or it will throw a code, but what I’m experiencing is sustained engagement of the system. If we can’t get this resolved I’m going to return it because this is basically the only reason I got this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Olmstead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now that some of you have had Pulsar’s on your 6.4’s for a while, what are your long term opinions?

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of you guys watch the Banks power Video? He compares it to his Tuner, decently informative. Unfortunately comparison is on Chevy diesels.

James L Wren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
You can get Custom Tuning for cheap compared to most since ur ECU isn’t locked.

I am looking at the Super chips Dashpaq+ for Dodge Gas - 30601 it cost $599.99.
You will see a max of 35hp and 25tq to the rear wheels. Most customers see 2-4 mpg. You can also disable the mds.
The better fuel economy alone would be great.

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recommend going with Hemi fever or Jay Greene and a “ Custom tune”. The can tunes usually aren’t worth the paper they are printed on. Jay and Hemi are two of the most prominent tuning guys and the two you hear most about here on Ram Forum.

I believe moes performance sells tuners with x amount of Hemi fever tunes on them and they are both Vendors on here.

http://www.moes-performance.com/mobile/

aaaslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can I get some feedback on the Pulsar now that it has been out for a few years?

I have a 2021 Power Wagon with 17s and 37x13.5 Mud terrains. Stock gearing, 4:10

I'm not looking for power. I'm actually needing to recalibrate for my 37s, and looking to get better MPG if at all possible. If I were to get this, I'd be running Economy with MDS off, or Stock with MDS off. Whichever will give me better MPG. I'm currently getting a reading of about 8-9 MPG with my 37s and 1.75" Thuren suspension lift all around and a pop top camper.

Did they ever address the issue with the AC lines in the way?