Purging air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norman Roach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have the procedure to purge air suspension system Dodge Ram 1500 2014?

OP
OP
N

Norman Roach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have resolved the problem with air suspension freeze up for now. I found a guy on YouTube that used a very small amount of air brake anti freeze used on trucks with air brakes. I bough a liter for 5 bucks at Parts for Trucks or NAPA and it seems to work great. You use a very very small amount. I used 1 ml with a syringe in the incoming air line behind the right tail light. It has been working great now for well over a month. I also replaced the water filter as well. I have not had my suspension purged for about 5 maybe 6 years, however I am going to purge it in the spring. After you put the anti freeze in you will need to drive the truck a bit so the fluid moves around. Once it is operating, cycle it several times to ensure the fluid gets to the freeze areas. My truck is riding a bit rough probably because there is water in the air bags taking up some of the space. I have made a procedure to purge the system that I will try later, for now it works.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tcUlzDDexQ&t=1s

Curt Gobbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I wish you well with the air suspension.

I too have a 2014 with factory air suspension, but after repeated failures of various components, I opted to remove/replace it with coilovers (very pleased)

MSgt Van

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is an older thread, but based on my experience on airborne cooling systems if I were to pull a vacuum on the system for an extended amount of time that would remove all moisture from the system. I could then re-fill with nitrogen and be rid of any icing issues. Does this sound correct?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know this is an older thread, but based on my experience on airborne cooling systems if I were to pull a vacuum on the system for an extended amount of time that would remove all moisture from the system. I could then re-fill with nitrogen and be rid of any icing issues. Does this sound correct?
When you have a question for the forum, it’s important to remember to always share the results with the community.Spread the knowledge.

GoHawks34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Limited. It currently has about 151k miles. In early 2022 I replace my P/S rear air bag, because the P/S was sagging to the point it was very noticeable. This year around late spring my D/S rear air bag did the exact same thing. So this time I decided to replace the D/S rear air bag along with the 2 front air shocks, all 4 sensors, and replaced the bumper jouncers.

After that the truck rode extremely rough. I thought at this point maybe I needed a resupply, so I took it to the dealer. The dealer found it through some code of the system being too hot. So he cleared the codes. He also told me the thicker bumper jouncers I bought is prohibiting the truck from running it normal operations. So I replaced the bumper jouncers with OEM ones.

Now my truck still continues to send a message of "Service or repair air system immediately." The truck also purges as well as some shows a yellow truck with a line through it on the dash. I am just looking for recommendations ie: try what everyone has mentioned, factory reset the sytem somehow, or take it back into the dealership and see what they can do. I dont want to spend alot of money on it right now if it can be a cheap fix. I also need new tires as well, but dont want to do that until this problem is resolved.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you