Purple cranium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have read lots of good stuff on here, and well look what's in the mail. Front and rear. Wont be back to the pw til next Wednesday then that weekend they go on! Any tips? Red power wagon so went with subtle hints of red. Going to torque to 25 ftlbs

20190206_095229_1549471949612.jpg

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have read lots of good stuff on here, and well look what's in the mail. Front and rear. Wont be back to the pw til next Wednesday then that weekend they go on! Any tips? Red power wagon so went with subtle hints of red. Going to torque to 25 ftlbs

View attachment 154539

You might lose a couple drops of oil while the bolts are out, nothing to worry about. The rear would be easier if you drop the sway bar, but I don’t know that anybody actually does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I like them. I might have to get a set :burnout:

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Clean up around the bolts so it's fairly clean before you take them out and put it on. I removed the bottom bolt last so it didn't leak but a few drops. Be quick to get it in place and get a few bolts back in. Pretty easy install and they look great! You can see mine in my build thread. I didn't go subtle... bright red!

PatinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish there was a rear that provided skid protection along with cover. I have a Carli in the front that has skid protection.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same Poison Spider front/rear in the bed of my PW waiting to be installed. I ordered the 'grade 8 bolts' and was surprised to see them come looking matte silver, like they have a coating, and the 6mm allen wrench is a VERY tight fit. I'm wondering if they sent me galvanized bolts instead????

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have the same Poison Spider front/rear in the bed of my PW waiting to be installed. I ordered the 'grade 8 bolts' and was surprised to see them come looking matte silver, like they have a coating, and the 6mm allen wrench is a VERY tight fit. I'm wondering if they sent me galvanized bolts instead????

It’s paint. If the Allen key doesn’t fit, use a dental pick or other pointy thing to clean out the fastener. I had to clean out a couple of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I changed out the diff oil to Royal Purple at the same time as putting the Purple Cranium covers on. Also I got them to paint them in bright red and, it matches the truck very well.